BinoBros Modification/Improvement

bline

FNG
I recently got a BinoBro Pro Hunter chest rig. I really like the design because it is quiet, low profile, and comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was that it was hard for me to put my binos in it with only one hand. There is a seam on the inside of the pouch that they would get hung up on since the pouch isn't rigid at all.

I made a wood block that would slide in and out of the pouch but was fairly snug and formed a piece of 1/16" kydex around it. After sanding the edges and putting moleskin on the inside and around the edges it fits snugly inside the pouch an makes it really easy to get the binos in and out with one hand and also prevents any sound from the binos bumping the kydex.

efa0d200129e58e0825602d88dbf74ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
bline

bline

FNG
Here's a picture of the finished project.
5997880013db3ad5bf31cf1919350e78.jpg

c7781925317e64a47c6a2955bf132832.jpg

dotman

WKR
Nice mod, if the moleskin doesn't work out in the end you can use upholstery adhesive and form a soft fabric to it that will look like it's been molded to the kydex.

OP
bline

bline

FNG
Nice mod, if the moleskin doesn't work out in the end you can use upholstery adhesive and form a soft fabric to it that will look like it's been molded to the kydex.

That's a good idea, thanks.

Randle

WKR
Great job, I did a similar mod to mine, I used a plastic rectangle window solvent bottle and lined it with fleece tape for silencing bow riser , and such.
I also didn't like opening the basement pocket and having stuff fall out so I sewed in an elastic band that holds my mini flint and steel, small AAA flashlight, and 2 spare batteries.

DougP

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome idea. Has anyone rigged up straps to attach to the binos to keep them tethered? I'm afraid I'm going to set them down somewhere and forget them if they aren't attached.

Randle

WKR
I had an AGC harness that the previous Rokslider , sewed elastic shock cord to each side of the inside of the pouch that tethered the binos. it worked very well. then when I got it I added 2 quick disconnect clips from Rick Youngs bino straps to the shock cord so I could hand them to my grandson when he wanted to use the binos

OP
bline

bline

FNG
Great job, I did a similar mod to mine, I used a plastic rectangle window solvent bottle and lined it with fleece tape for silencing bow riser , and such.
I also didn't like opening the basement pocket and having stuff fall out so I sewed in an elastic band that holds my mini flint and steel, small AAA flashlight, and 2 spare batteries.

That's a great idea!

Randle

WKR
Thanks I like it and you can make 2 levels of elastic kind of like what's on top of the AGC harness.
I may add another wide 1 over the top of what I have already.

Did a similar tether mod to my AGC. Just used two pieces of shock cord and rick young quick disconnects. No permanent mod and can be removed If needed in a simple knot untying.
6d975f94acaae0b2bfd90a19cc08d824.jpg
0a30b43895a4eeb6f18895a1845fbb72.jpg

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome idea. Has anyone rigged up straps to attach to the binos to keep them tethered? I'm afraid I'm going to set them down somewhere and forget them if they aren't attached.

View attachment 45602
IMG_2552.jpg

Rigged this up last year. I also added a belt clip to my range finder, and when I'm hunting, I attach one of the shown black clips to my range finder and use the added belt clip to attach it to the lower chest strap of the bino bro. Its the ideal setup as far as I'm concerned because you don't have to open up any "boxes" to get your range finder, but you can still run and jump without any bouncing around of either bino or rangefinder.

jmw22

FNG
View attachment 45602
View attachment 45603

Rigged this up last year. I also added a belt clip to my range finder, and when I'm hunting, I attach one of the shown black clips to my range finder and use the added belt clip to attach it to the lower chest strap of the bino bro. Its the ideal setup as far as I'm concerned because you don't have to open up any "boxes" to get your range finder, but you can still run and jump without any bouncing around of either bino or rangefinder.

That's a great idea for the rangefinder. I attached the clip that came with my Garmin Rhino to my old rangefinder and clipped it into the call sleeve on the side of my BinoBro, but I like the idea of it being attached by a strap in case it ever falls out. I got a new Sig Kilo RF this past off-season, only I've been afraid attach a clip to it since it's so nice and shiny. I'll be trying your idea out on that one before spring bear season...

OK I just finished my version of this great idea and it turned out perfect. So much so that I have kydex left over. I figured I would have to make a couple of prototypes before I got it right. My 13 yr old daughter helped me with gluing down the felt lining and, since she is a perfectionist, she even put a binding around the edge.

She is trying to make some money so she is asking if anyone would like her to make you one from the leftover Kydex that I have. We discussed it and we think maybe $15 shipped TYD would be fair. She’s still not making much after shipping but I’ll donate the material to her.

Any takers?

One last note, my pattern was made from a standard medium BinoBro. There is a tag on the inside that reads 6” x 2” x 6.5”. The height (last value) does not matter as much as the width and depth. Keep that in mind before you order. If you have a different size I could make another template but there would no way for me to confirm a good fit.

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
FYI, I got mine and it was EXACTLY what I was looking for to take the bino bro to the next level. I've got my Vortex Razor 10x42's in there now and they fit perfectly.

I had previously sewn straps with clips onto the harness to keep my bino's and range finder from hitting the dirt if I dropped either of them, and this insert addressed the floppiness issue without adding any real bulk, which was key because that's what I love about this setup to begin with, it's super lightweight and "tidy" as Rinella puts it.