Ideas for upgrade on pyramid shelter

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the question I'm working on and what's stopping me from proceeding on this. At which height do you lose too much stability..... I keep going back and forth between 18" and 24".

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Personally I would go 24 and play around with it and you can always cut it shorter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
Z
Personally I would go 24 and play around with it and you can always cut it shorter.

That's what I'm thinking. There is currently a bug net skirt sewn on the bottom. I will have to cut that off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yardwork

Lil-Rokslider
Morning all, I'm in the final stages of sewing up a similar style pyramid tent. Are peak vents a desirable thing to have? Thanks.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Morning all, I'm in the final stages of sewing up a similar style pyramid tent. Are peak vents a desirable thing to have? Thanks.

100% yes. Reduces condensation otherwise your going to have it big time.

Your vertical side panels only need to be staked down to the ground to keep them from flapping around in the wind. Your stability comes from the guy lines that are at the end of the line that runs from the top to the bottom at each corner, so go with whatever works for the headroom you are looking for. An 18" side wall will give you six and a half feet at the center pole and less as you move away from the center pole. If you are close to six foot I would go with 24".

That's the question I'm working on and what's stopping me from proceeding on this. At which height do you lose too much stability..... I keep going back and forth between 18" and 24".

WKR

That's where I'm leaning.
I have a cheap knock off megamid that I've never used because, well, it's pretty cheap. I might experiment with that a bit.

OP
Z
Selling this for $125 if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
the shelter is versitile. i have used one on float hunts for a 'cook shack' and it makes a great gear storage place too.

and of course you can sleep in one. a plus is they go up easy and fast if the weather is bad. i never carried a pole- just cut one on site. this lightens the load a lot.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I saw in Classifieds here a Bearpaw Design Stove Jack kit unmolested for 30$ also.