First lite Allegheny EXP 330 Zip-Off

acmckeage03

Lil-Rokslider
I'm about to order a pair of these pants but am worried they're going to be too warm for hiking in. I was thinking about adding zippers to make them similar to Kuiu's removable base layer. Does anyone have experience with different zipper types on base layers? I may also cut them so they sit just over the calf and not under my boot? I'll post thoughts and pictures once complete!

HMG1

FNG
I am definately looking forward to how this works out for you, as it may be a good solution for those of us who love the removable option for the Kuiu baselayer but dont hardly fit into the legs without sizing up and having a baggy waist.

I got all excited when I read the title and thought it was a new product. I want these so bad. I would wear them on cold mornings on mountain hunts or when I stop to glass or under waders while duck hunting or when walking into my deer stand then zip them on before climbing into the stand. So many uses.

OP
acmckeage03

acmckeage03

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I used #3 zippers for some zip off layers I made a while back. I now have a pair of kuiu 145s too and like the above boot cut better so I'd suggest doing that with zip off layers.

Here is the thread, it was when I was first playing around on my wife's machine. http://www.rokslide.com/forums/diy-gear-modifications/41299-diy-zip-midlayer-pants.html

Thanks for the thread! Ya I'm anxious for these to show up so I can get started! I was definitely considering going the above boot, I was even considering to going just under the knee for when I'm wearing gaiters...? I think for the variety of uses the above boot would be best.