WUXT0rql.jpg

sgB4711l.jpg

Couple large capacity NICE frame twins:

OunksPJl.jpg

mCC32gKl.jpg

Last edited:

muddydogs

WKR
Jim in Ogden here, nice work on the load sling for the Mystery Ranch Guide Light Frame. Received it yesterday and wasted no time getting it on the frame to try out. Hope to really try it out this fall with a load of elk.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Jim in Ogden here, nice work on the load sling for the Mystery Ranch Guide Light Frame. Received it yesterday and wasted no time getting it on the frame to try out. Hope to really try it out this fall with a load of elk.

I too had Adam make me one and received it yesterday. Stoked! Nice job Adam!

muddydogs

WKR
I might have Adam rework one in the future as I realized it would be nice to have a pocket on the outside were I could throw in my first aid and fire kit if it was a long pack and I wanted that stuff along. Maybe a couple rows of Molle strips to hook a bag into? Generally on a pack there are at least 2 of us so I don't worry about safety type stuff but every once in a while I strike out alone. I did hook my extra InReach case to the top row of webbing sewed across the sling so I can take it along.

I just received a water bottle holster and, a top zip belt pouch for my kifaru. In Coyote Brown. Workmanship was flawless and, they function perfectly. I was a bit concerned the water bottle holster would be loose around the bottle allowing t to flop around. Or, too tight to allow you to put it back in with the pack on. Its nether. When getting a drink during my workout this evening, i slid the bottle right back into the carrier effortlessly. Also, the bungee noose holds it secure too. No worries about losing my Nalgene bottle. To finish out, he offers Top notch, lightening quick service as I received a pm containing instructions about his payment info just a couple days after the order. I wasn't the first in line yet, from order to getting them out of the mailbox it only took 5 days. Very reasonably priced too. I highly recommend his services.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I might have Adam rework one in the future as I realized it would be nice to have a pocket on the outside were I could throw in my first aid and fire kit if it was a long pack and I wanted that stuff along. Maybe a couple rows of Molle strips to hook a bag into? Generally on a pack there are at least 2 of us so I don't worry about safety type stuff but every once in a while I strike out alone. I did hook my extra InReach case to the top row of webbing sewed across the sling so I can take it along.

Sorry, missed this prior. Could easily make up a pocket that attaches on the current PALS, perhaps 10"wide x 13" tall x whatever depth desired. Or whatever other brainstorms come to folks minds. ;)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was a bit concerned the water bottle holster would be loose around the bottle allowing t to flop around. Or, too tight to allow you to put it back in with the pack on. Its nether. When getting a drink during my workout this evening, i slid the bottle right back into the carrier effortlessly. Also, the bungee noose holds it secure too. No worries about losing my Nalgene bottle.

I think the current design works pretty well in terms of diameter and I've stiffened up the top collar a bit now as well. But if anyone has alternative feedback on it keep me posted and I'll review how to improve it.

puck60

FNG
This is the Wolf Alpha I recently picked up from Mystery Ranch on sale. I had Adam make me the bottom bag to store my sleeping bag in. Excellent craftsmanship.

20170531_110801.jpg

Last edited:

Clarktar

WKR
Any pictures of the water bottle carrier?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Added some buckles on this sling so there is somewhere to clip the MR guidelite lower frame buckles into (since there aren't buckles in the top corners of the frame like on the NICE). Also a misc. gear pouch to go along with it.
Gg9wEUAl.jpg

Nl3oclLl.jpg

Last edited:
Pods8,

An idea for the pullouts/small bags you make for inside the pack use...Since we often cannot see the pouch due to lighting or it being under stuff in the pack, I have found it useful to add some texture to the pouches I use to help identify them by touch. I use different kinds of fabric, but for your application you could...

~ Sew on strips of velcro (one strip for first aid, two strips for fire kit, three strips for...you get the idea) so you can identify it by touch.

~ Embroider on circles or squares or triangles is another approach.

~ Sew on textured or reflective materials in the same shapes.

Just some ideas to make your great gear even more user friendly and useful.

Larry

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I really don't make many pullout type pouches but its certainly a good suggestion if a user wanted something like that. I make items on request per the specs the person wants rather than any specific product line. :)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Once a bag is built you pretty much are looking at surface mounting anything you add onto it which I don't think looks particularly great but can be functional if that is the only goal. I think the face of that opens fully so at least there is access.