My first pullouts

gudspelr

Lil-Rokslider
So, I've been wanting to make some stuff for a while and got 2 free sewing machines a while back and they've been just sitting there, waiting for me to use them. Reaper was kind enough to give me some info and some other past threads gave me a bunch of great help on a good way to tackle the pullouts. I got some rip stop nylon at the clearance rack at Walmart for ridiculously cheap, though it is kind of a bright royal blue. I thought it would be good for practice for some silnylon projects I want to do later. My mother-in-law provided me with a bag of scrap material, too and I decided to make the first ones out of some camo material she had. The first one took me quite a while. I ended up taking the zipper off after the first side was sewn on because I realized I didn't pay enough attention and had the wrong side out... I had a few more bumps along the way, but finally came up with a usable bag for the kiddo. There are some lousy seams and some far from straight seams, but all in all, it was a good experience and helped familiarize me with the machine. I took a little break, then sewed up a second one. It went WAY faster. It looks just like the first. I'm looking forward to more projects and thankful for the people on here that have been so helpful.

Ok7Zsma.jpg

Ai2PeQ0.jpg

And if you're interested, here's a great thread that will help out a lot in making your own.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/diy-gear-modifications/11645-diy-pullouts-pouches-pockets.html

Jeremy

Last edited:

colonel00

WKR
Looking good. I still need to do a follow up to that thread with some updates to make it even easier to sew these.

reaper

WKR
Great job Jeremy.Colonel00 is the reason i started sewing,i bought him some stuff few years ago and i thought than i was maybe able to do it.Always welcome to help like everyone on this awesome forum.1 inche grosgrain makes nice pullout loops at the ends too and its lightweight.

OP
G

gudspelr

Lil-Rokslider
Colonel-your thread was great and really helpful. I ended up signing up for Google something or other so I could use the spread sheet calculator you have in there, too. For some reason, when I put the zipper length in the grey box, it isn't changing dimensions. But, after looking at your pictures and thinking about it for a bit, it wasn't to hard to figure out some measurements.

Reaper-thanks again and I'm planning to get some grosgrain. I was at the fabric store and ended up just plain forgetting to look for it. I ended up cutting some of the same material and rolling the edges under and stitching them. More work than if I'd just remembered the grosgrain... I also want to get some Mara 50 and 70-they had Gutterman thread, but not the Mara stuff.... I ended up getting the "extra strong" or something like that. Figured it would at least get me started.

Now to figure out round bottom stuff sacks :). Hopefully I'll have a little cook stove and some cookware before long. Would be nice to have a stuff sack for them.

Jeremy

Great job Jeremy, once you start it's hard to stop wanting to build things. Looks good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk