AGC Cub Max Modifications

gumbl3

WKR
Bear with me, I'm terrible at sewing and even worse at navigating the computer but here's a few things I did to my AGC Cub bino harness. It may not be for everybody, but I know how I hunt and I'm thinking I'll get more use this way.

KIMG0003.jpg

First I replaced all the buckles with G-Hooks, once it's cinched down it's nice and snug and feels better to me

KIMG0006.jpg

I sewed a couple tab loops on the inside of the lid. This way I can move the G-Hooks to the inside and fold the lid down behind. I have a Horn Hunter and I'd say 90% of the time that's how it is, I only use the lid when busting brush or it's raining. This makes it more of a one handed operation, yeh I lose a little protection but it hasn't been a problem before.

KIMG0004.jpg
KIMG0005.jpg

Some seam ripping, scissors and resewing and I made the side pocket actually fit my GPS. Made a way to secure it with some shockcord and since I had an extra set of bino connectors I made a tether so I don't lose it. I've always had my GPS on a shoulder strap with carabiner, I'm going to like this much better

KIMG0007.jpg

Nothing too fancy, just a way to snap the tether from my rangefinder inside this pocket. I cut all that extra bullshit shockcord out, I didn't like it as a rangefinder tether

OP
G

gumbl3

WKR
KIMG0009.jpg
KIMG0008.jpg

A couple extra loops along with some I don't know what it's called hardware along with some cord and I have another attachment point on the bottom. Here I tied some bear spray if I go somewhere I feel the need. Only time will tell if I like this.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I like it, particularly the bear spray loops and lid mods. I've got a Cub MAX arriving soon, I'd like to add a way to strap a bear spray canister to it.

Nuke Man

WKR
I like the mods! I've been thinking of putting a mesh pocket on the inside back of the bino case and on the inside top of the lid. I'd really like to make atleast one of the side pockets bigger as well. I've got the kiss model, an elastic mesh front pocket would be great too.

Good job customizing to your needs. What interested me the most was changing out from duplex buckles to the G-Hooks. I immediately grabbed my AGC KISS (already heavily modified) and studied it. The G-Hook change-out x 4 looks to substantially reduce the felt profile of the harness which is a good thing for me. I ordered G-Hooks yesterday and plan to add these in place of the larger Duplex.

OP
G

gumbl3

WKR
Thanks all for the kind words. The G hooks really snug it up to your chest.

OP
G

gumbl3

WKR
I found them on ebay, but lots of places carry them. Be sure to get the waveloc ones, they're better than the flat ones as far as staying taught

NYFarmer

FNG
Hello, know it's a long shot but just came across this post when researching how to attach bear spray to my AGC harness, I really like the setup you got going here. Where did you find the plastic d- loop with multiple holes like that, I can only seem to find regular old d loops and not a multi hole one like that. Thanks!

OP
G

gumbl3

WKR
Hello, know it's a long shot but just came across this post when researching how to attach bear spray to my AGC harness, I really like the setup you got going here. Where did you find the plastic d- loop with multiple holes like that, I can only seem to find regular old d loops and not a multi hole one like that. Thanks!
I looked back through my emails trying to find if I ordered them and I couldn't find anything.. Sorry, I have no idea where I got those but I did find this, think it's close or maybe the same

NYFarmer

FNG
Thank you for the response! I will give those a shot, I ordered some shock cord and fasteners already and you found the missing piece, thanks again!