Non-Zippered Pull outs

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking at making my own pullouts. Has anyone tried making some that don't have zippers or a draw string? Like a sandwich bag or use some other way, like velcro?

matthewmt

WKR
Could use buckles like a compression sack. Velcro would be loud drawstrings would probably work too

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

clip

FNG
rare earth magnets or similar, top shaped in a \__/ like an envelope?

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What is the goal? Sewing a channel or a zipper isn't too complicated. Velcro is noisy/bulky/wears out/catches on stuff sometimes.

If you are thinking you want it a flat top opening sack you can still do that with a zipper, it doesn't have to be on the face of the pouch.

OP
Jskaanland

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
What is the goal? Sewing a channel or a zipper isn't too complicated. Velcro is noisy/bulky/wears out/catches on stuff sometimes.

If you are thinking you want it a flat top opening sack you can still do that with a zipper, it doesn't have to be on the face of the pouch.
I was looking at some sandwich bags and wondered if people had tried a similar design. I like the design of the center zip but just trying to think outside the "sack."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sometimes I wonder why folks like the center zip so much versus just a top closure myself (esp. on a small "pullout"), but again I'd rather zip it shut versus some sort of folded closure as a personal preference.

OP
Jskaanland

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes I wonder why folks like the center zip so much versus just a top closure myself (esp. on a small "pullout"), but again I'd rather zip it shut versus some sort of folded closure as a personal preference.

I think on a larger one, it's nice not having to dig to the bottom for a small heavy item that works it's day down.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think on a larger one, it's nice not having to dig to the bottom for a small heavy item that works it's day down.

Yeah for sure, but need to get into a larger size for that. Stuff that is 6" deep hardly seems worth it in my mind but that's just my thought on it. :)