Source for Tent material "Vapex"?

blackdawg

WKR
I would like to find a source for this tent material that is used in the Arctic Oven. They call it Vapex, I just don't see it being manufactured exclusively for just a small tent company and I have a few ideas for other things I would like to sew up with it. Does anyone know what the material really is?

WKR
Never heard of it, in for info

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
It sure looks like Tyvex to me...

Edit; Similar but different
Vapex

Looks like this outfit makes it;
call Enterprise Coatings at 401-766-1500.

Edit again; By similar I mean similar fibers- polypropolene

i think the challenge is going to be getting a small quantity. Maybe call the 2 outfits making stuff; Salem and AK tent

Heres something Propex Curv.... not the patented Vapex......but $11/yd and RW is pretty good about explaining applications
Propex Curv(R) 600 Denier Polypropylene Composite Fabric - Ethereal Blue

This place appears to have it;
Dartex | Vapex-The must have American made technical textile - Medical Support Surfaces - Infection Control

Last edited:
It not really anything like Tyvek. Much thicker and softer.

It's also not a laminate like the Vapex in the link above. It's geared more towards insulation than anything, thus the thickness too it. Great stuff for a winter tent, but as anybody can tell you that has rolled up an AO 10x10.... it's hardly light or compact.

OP
B

blackdawg

WKR
There must be a manufacturer that produces it for a different industry, I could not imagine that a small production run of such a unique material would be possible and I don't think the company is producing the material themselves. Top secret kinda material gonna need 007 to figure this one out.

Contact Alaska Tent & Tarp, they are pretty nice people and I bet they would sell you a small amount for a DIY project...