Diy dark energy Poseidon battery pack

Yep. I took a 20,000 mah aukey battery pack that I found on amazon for like $30 and covered it in gorilla tape. To make it look more hardcore I added a first lite sticker.

I am going to be adding some of those little silicone USB covers and maybe making some sort of gorilla tape flap for it. We will see how long it holds up.

Feel free to use my idea to make your own. It is going to be awesome. :)

93b2c570c804bc10b217a2350758394e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet. Is that trademarked? Lol. I seriously might do this

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1signguy

WKR
I literally just purchased an Anker this morning on Amazon- I was thinking of wrapping it in a couple of dally wraps if I do anything. No way I could justify the Dark Energy with 10,000 mah when I could get a Anker with 26,800 mah for 2/3's the price including shipping. Nice work on the tape job!!!

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
I thought of doing something like this myself. I saw a video of the Anker taken apart and I think I am just gonna take mine apart and fill the inside with silicone and close it up. Add rubber USB plug and good to go. That said I have not had an issue with yet with my other packs so there's that. I know Avery has said the plugins are what fail for him.

Desert Hntr

Lil-Rokslider
Man this is bad a$$! I was thinking about buying one, but (I'm sure my wife is laughing once again) I can make that!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I do think the decal adds badassity that it didn't have before....and I love the smell of smoldering duct tape in the morning...so i like it! <grin>

Hmmm. ......you might be celebrating before you are in the end zone bro...

I have that Anker unit and it can get hot.....you want the heat to escape, right?

OP
Z
I do think the decal adds badassity that it didn't have before....and I love the smell of smoldering duct tape in the morning...so i like it! <grin>

Hmmm. ......you might be celebrating before you are in the end zone bro...

I have that Anker unit and it can get hot.....you want the heat to escape, right?

Wasted heat is wasted energy.... or something.

Desert Hntr

Lil-Rokslider
I thought of doing something like this myself. I saw a video of the Anker taken apart and I think I am just gonna take mine apart and fill the inside with silicone and close it up. Add rubber USB plug and good to go. That said I have not had an issue with yet with my other packs so there's that. I know Avery has said the plugins are what fail for him.
Let me know how this goes. I was curious if the silicone would make it a little more water resistant, but can it withstand the heat of the batteries?

You can get a discount with Gritty Bowman for a Dark Energy. Well worth it. I've actually thrown mine into a muddy slew duck hunting. Pulled it out and charged my phone. These are the real deal. I'd be scared a Amazon special would fail to charge my Delorme halfway through a long hunt. My wife would kill me!!

1signguy

WKR
Are the internals of the Dark energy any different than an Anker? Or is the Dark Energy just a dressed up unit? I have used a cheap Radio Shack unit for several years and it has been more than adequate...

As someone else said- if the Anker fails because of a fall, water or something else than whatever electronics I am carrying are likely toast as well.

In the end I went with the Anker because of the higher capacity- Starting to take my son more often which necessitates checking in with mom more often hence more battery power required... If the new Anker I bought fails then I will probably try a Dark Energy. Headed out towards the end of June for 5-6 days and will report back on how the Anker does...

OP
Z
If dark energy comes out with a larger capacity, I might actually buy it.

lif

WKR
Does that custom battery back come in hunter orange duct tape?