Best Use For KUIU Arm Warmers!

Well I picked up a pair of arm warmers in a package deal a while back and couldn't figure for the life of me what I'd do with one, let alone two of these things.

I must admit I did see about the only practical use for them on a hunting show, during which the hunter was really layered up and archery hunting, so he had one on his grip side forearm, using it like a compression sleeve to keep his string from hitting his puffy/ rain jacket.

Aside from that and wearing them to local archery shoots to embarrass your friends, I'm not sold on their intended purpose. I did, however, put one to great use and used it to re-cover my Bugling Bulls Bully Bull Extreme Grunt Tube.

The process is very simple. First, remove the cord (if you still have yours attached) and stock cover. Next, gently peel the front, ribbed, rubber piece off by pulling it over the front end of the tube. Then select your desired camo pattern and secure it under the rubber strip you just removed. Last, make whatever cuts you need to wrap your selected camo over the tube. I used tape on the bottom fabric layer (taping the fabric to the tube), and hot glue to secure the top layer of cloth tightly to the bottom layer. Oddly enough, the KUIU arm warmers are ideally cut to cover the large end of the tube, so I only had to cut the 1/2 to be wrapped around the smaller diameter end. Have fun customizing...

5600fad8c00957febf1c8c8e417f1837.jpg

4233602d2c25ff28e9ebd5234502ec9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bughalli

WKR
That's a good idea! I actually like them for their intended purpose, but I'm also a cyclist so I've used the standard black ones for years when riding for temperature regulation. But I have a Kuiu pair for hunting that are too big, they slide down my arms all the time. I'm totally going to cut and sew one down to cover my bugle tube.

Last edited:

willidru

WKR
What are you talking about, these are my favorite piece of gear. I wear them shirtless in the summer so my chest burns even with my farmers tan. :)