DIY Nomad 2, camp bag, grab it, and lid.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
I will attempt to get some pictures of the templates I made up over the weekend.

You definitely do great work. My materials showed up today for my attempt at a DIY pack. I've got this crazy idea for a Kuiu/ Eberlestock/ Kifaru bag. Hopefully it turns out as nice as yours.

I don't think my mother knew what she was signing up for when she offered to help and the use of her machine.

Squirrels, I don't live that far from you, I don't think. Maybe you could give sewing lessons?
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
You definitely do great work. My materials showed up today for my attempt at a DIY pack. I've got this crazy idea for a Kuiu/ Eberlestock/ Kifaru bag. Hopefully it turns out as nice as yours.

I don't think my mother knew what she was signing up for when she offered to help and the use of her machine.

Squirrels, I don't live that far from you, I don't think. Maybe you could give sewing lessons?
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how much you could/need learn from me, but I'd be happy to give you some guidance based on what I know, which is not much!

Colby Jack

Lil-Rokslider
Beautiful work!!!! Quick question: any reason you copied Kifaru on the height of the bag? I've always wondered why they don't make the wings full height. Seems like a waste of space. Not picking at you. Your work is spectacular. Just curious

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
Beautiful work!!!! Quick question: any reason you copied Kifaru on the height of the bag? I've always wondered why they don't make the wings full height. Seems like a waste of space. Not picking at you. Your work is spectacular. Just curious

No reason at all other than the fact you would need to make the panel longer that is up against the frame. In all honesty for my use the panel is useless. I'm about to start the 2nd generation and it won't have the panel at all that hangs over the frame with all the pals webbing. It will essentially be two pods that attach to the frame more like the Exo HH does. Much quicker build since the pals panel serves no purpose for me.

Mjprohoroff

Lil-Rokslider
No reason at all other than the fact you would need to make the panel longer that is up against the frame. In all honesty for my use the panel is useless. I'm about to start the 2nd generation and it won't have the panel at all that hangs over the frame with all the pals webbing. It will essentially be two pods that attach to the frame more like the Exo HH does. Much quicker build since the pals panel serves no purpose for me.

Looking forward to seeing this! I don't use the panel either.

Hunting is conservation

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like your Version 2 will be very close to what I plan to make, basically side pods that can be used as a stand-alone, with a basic camp bag or dry bag, or as additional load capability alongside a standard pack bag. can't wait to see how it turns out.

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Squirrels, did you ever get a chance to take a photo of your templates?

very impressed with your work, i'd love to get a head start when I try something similar.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
Hi Squirrels, did you ever get a chance to take a photo of your templates?

very impressed with your work, i'd love to get a head start when I try something similar.

Sorry took so long
efc03cba06853fe4c1fa7da7ec192010.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Many thanks, I'm glad I checked, I doubt I would have gone down the right path :)

I was originally just going to create a fabric cylinder to make the tubes, but that version is so much better looking

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
Many thanks, I'm glad I checked, I doubt I would have gone down the right path :)

I was originally just going to create a fabric cylinder to make the tubes, but that version is so much better looking

Version 2.0 wings are done I will try to post a pic in the morning. I like them more.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
I like these a good bit more. There are some slight changes I think would make them even better... maybe version 3.
These are 24" long, 6" wide, and 5" tall. I'm not sure I'll even need a lid now.
94fb8865f4ac4c210de9ee4a4cc6e747.jpg
d395f7de5cf157415a791fbc3f3be2d0.jpg

All the stuff in the picture will go in the wings with room for some more small items.
1ce4309063730571d3f331da4d4d9fd0.jpg

Last edited: