DIY Stove materials

So I'm putting together a cylinder type stove. Is this foil material what some of you guys are using for the body?

f83f2b22f364377cb53097410243165b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jake Leibke
Yeah it looks like I can buy it by the foot. Wasn't sure if this was heavy enough or the right material.

bbrown

WKR
Yup that's the right stuff for the body - the 16" material is a good compromise between size and pack ability without having to bust up the wood so much smaller which can be a PITA. The 12" material can be used for the stove pipe and works out to be 3" diameter and the 10" foil works out to 2-3/8"(+/-) diameter

Another option is Lite Outdoors for the materials. Even though they are in Canada they are usually competitive with TiGoat.
DIY Stove Materials Archives -

Is it considerably cheaper to build your own stove? I work in a welding/machine shop so drilling and or welding is no problem. We have a laser that can weld the titanium foil if need be.

I followed the tutorial another member put up about building a mini keg stove. It turned out pretty well for my fabrication skills. All I bought from Ti Goat was the pipe.

Is it considerably cheaper to build your own stove? I work in a welding/machine shop so drilling and or welding is no problem. We have a laser that can weld the titanium foil if need be.

I looked into it and it was about $100 difference. Normally I am a DIY guy, but at the time, i had neither the time or patience to do my own. The $100 was well worth it to me.

OP
Jake Leibke
Well I built the end caps a few years ago and was just hunting out of the truck so used black stove pipe from menards for the body. It's really rigid and heavy like that, not collapsible either. All I need to finish it off if the foil for the body.