Custom Tyto for FHF Harness

Gumbo

WKR
I really like my FHF harness but it has bugged me for a long time that I can't find a knife to fit in the front pocket, which is where I keep my tags, because I always have my harness on when hunting. I did not want to have a knife in my pants pocket or on my belt, and I didn't want to add another little pouch to the harness, which already has enough weight and bulk with my binos and rangefinder. Of course I almost always have a pack on with my kill kit in it, but occasionally I take off on a quick stalk without my pack, and I always had tags but never a knife.

I thought a Tyto without wrap might fit in the front pouch of my FHF, so I bought one but it was too long. I decided to use a file to cut off the rear "loop", and it just barely fit in the front pocket without a blade on. I then used Gorilla Tape and packing tape to make a sleeve to fit 4 blades, and wrapped a layer of electrical tape around it to attach my tag after the kill. Now I will always have tags, a knife, and tape with me in case I need to make a quick stalk and tag and gut an animal.

Anyway, thought FHF users might be interested in this little hack job I did.

Tyto.jpg

krohboy

WKR
My havalon sits vertical in the front of my fhf all the time.

I have considered switching to tyto so that's good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk