Rock Climbing Harness Noise Issue

Netherman

WKR
I made the switch to a rock climbing harness and am loving the comfort and easy layer swaps but walking into a stand the nylon leg strap rub together and are super loud. Any suggestions to quiet them down?

I know lose the thunder thighs but in the mean time... I've heard a lot of add silicone to quiet things down. Would that apply here? Maybe wrap them in a quieter fabric? What do you guys think?

Nick

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hadda

FNG
Walking excessively in a rock climbing harness will cause premature wear and eventually make the harness suspect.. Maybe not a big deal depending how often you do it, but I don't like walking in mine.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
I have done the same thing as well, and not sure which harness you are using, but some of the more lightweight/alpine climbing harnesses such as the Black Diamond Vario Speed Harness have very basic leg loops (similar to seatbelt material) and are lower profile and quieter.

An even lighter version is the Black Diamond Couloir harness, which weighs in at 7.5 oz. It is really pared down, so if you slip out of a treestand, it will hurt a bit! It is designed for ski mountaineering, but if light and low profile are important, it's a great option.