Tripod rifle mount for Slik Mini

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
Heading out on my first rifle deer hunt next week. I have a Slik Mini II tripod with a basic head. Last night I designed and 3D printed a rifle mount in case the situation arises where I have time to use it. Figure if I'm looking at a buck through the spotter that could be the case. Still going to carry conventional sticks as well.

IMAG1377.jpg

Shooting from a tripod is next level. Put your sling in front of that mount, pull it down and hold it against the front tripod leg. You'll never want to use shooting sticks again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
Y

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to put some adhesive backed foam on it as well and practice this weekend with the tripod, sticks, a pack, prone, sitting etc. We've both been practicing and know our true effective ranges but I'd like to have one more option should it become available.

To be honest, I'm really not sure what to expect for rifle hunting! It'll be new for my daughter and I...and much colder than archery season according to the forecast.

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good! I actually designed and 3D printed one that is just like the hog saddle and it works well.

OP
Y

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Ultimaker 2. Just tried it with the foam. Works great. Not sure how to add pics posting this from my phone. I also made an adapter for my binos as well...and of course a phone scope adapter. That's enough playing with the printer. Gotta go fit some tire chains on the ATV to deal with possible ice/snow on the trail.