Opinions on a Yamata GC8500 industrial machine

AKShooter

FNG
Sorry for the second post. But I have a line on a Yamata GC8500

So it’s a straight stitch only. But the reviews make it seem like a fast garment machine. Was wondering how it might fare with webbing, 1000D. Etc. again, not a ton of reviews I can find on it for gear use

Pretty much read every google thread on the web for “sewing machine for outdoor gear”
Lol. Getting tired. Think I’m down to this one,,,,or the singer 4423 and just see how it goes.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sounds like you are on the outside edge of what it is designed to handle in using it for webbing and heavy weight material. The most important question though is does it have a servo you can slow down ALOT? If not it will likely be way to fast for your needs.

OP
A

AKShooter

FNG
Yes. I think I will need to either change out the pulley to the smaller one to slow it down, or do the servo motor replacement. I'm not a commercial sewer. Wondering if it might be a little overkill.

I just want a good machine for webbing and the such, I'd say worst case I'm sewing through 4 layers of 500D with 2 layers of webbing. I want to be able to use 69 thread too. My current setup will not do this, nor sew with 69.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you don't mind helping the machine with your hand the previously recommended Kenmore in your other thread will do so. The old antique looking sewing machines will as well you don't NEED a larger commercial machine for DIY projects. Feel free if you see the value though. :)

5shot

Lil-Rokslider
It uses an odd needle system... I'd look for something else if it were me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk