Holster on bino harness

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I've searched a little and couldn't find any posts but have been tossing around an idea. Has anyone attached a holster to the back side of a bino harness.

I was thinking of taking a hybrid holster such as a crossbread, white hat, etc and using Chicago screws or rivets to put a holster on the back side. It should be comfortable with the flat leather against your chest.

My thoughts are that I don't want it on my belt or hip belt for my pack and don't want extra straps over my shoulders for a traditional chest holster.

Thoughts or links to similar would be appreciated.

WKR
I've searched a little and couldn't find any posts but have been tossing around an idea. Has anyone attached a holster to the back side of a bino harness.

I was thinking of taking a hybrid holster such as a crossbread, white hat, etc and using Chicago screws or rivets to put a holster on the back side. It should be comfortable with the flat leather against your chest.

My thoughts are that I don't want it on my belt or hip belt for my pack and don't want extra straps over my shoulders for a traditional chest holster.

Thoughts or links to similar would be appreciated.
There's a couple chest rig threads.
Currently I have a fhf. It has a pocket on the back (between your glass and chest). I bought a pocket holster at Bob Wards, just a neoprene sleeve really- pretty grabby. Slip it in that chest rig pocket, insert Glock. So far that's working well with zero extra bulk.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
This is pretty much the gold standard for chest rigs.... the diamond D alaskan chest rig
Guides Choice™ Leather Chest Holster, the ULTIMATE outdoor gun holster | Diamond D Custom Leather | Handmade Leather Holsters

I suppose it depends on what type of weapon as big magnum pistols are usually heavy [unless its the 329PD] so they benefit from a substantial rig holding them.

It would also depend on the use; if its a bear gun you want it to be unencumbered and quickly accessible. I didn't like the way my bino harness got in the way of my chest rig...even a cross draw...so I went for on the hip which is where i have the most practice quick drawing.

I do know a few guys that prefer the chest rig.

Last edited:

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
The MYSTERY RANCH Bino Harness has Molle webbing on the bottom which was designed to accommodate a handgun holster or bear spray holster.

I use it with the bear spray holster, and it works great. Always have my binos, rangefinder, wind checker, a few calls and the spray on me at all times, regardless of if I drop my pack, etc. I have a few friends who use it with their handguns mounted underneath as designed, and works well, too. You can't see it on the photo from the link, but the webbing is there to weave through and attach the holster. Orients the gun so for a right hand shooter, it is in the perfect position to draw out of the holster. Also, in 2018, MR is coming out with a larger bino harness to fit 12x50s (and they will also have the webbing to fit holsters.)

colonel00

WKR
I'm still hoping that AGC comes out with an option of their bino pouches that have attachment points on the back.

jhayes6405

Lil-Rokslider
Here is an option. HPG snubby kitbag with m&p shield, AGC mounted to front. It's a tight fit and the right g-hook has to be released from tension while you yank the zipper down with right hand to draw. Not as fast as drawing from the hip but with a little practice I can get on target pretty quick. Excuse the mess in the background. We still have some unpacking to do.

bff4e76af29ee30f4bbcdf7be916d8f6.jpg

7404f3743e204302e0cdbd740d901eb9.jpg
b9acb701e4cd6257cdac55ef68facad0.jpg

e76fa5208b807eec2698374a5cef96b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a couple of Glock pistols that fit well in the zippered pocket on the backside of my AGC harness. Slips right in and held snug.

rbljack

WKR
which ones work well? is it comfortable to wear that way? Ive been contemplating a glock 20 or 29 (10mm) for carry while out hiking or scouting. Probably wouldn't carry if I have gun in hand, but for bow or muzzle season...I can see benefits. No griz where I was scouting, just black bears and cougars primarily.

I’ve got a couple of Glock pistols that fit well in the zippered pocket on the backside of my AGC harness. Slips right in and held snug.

I’m a .45 & 9mm guy and most of my pistols are in those calibers. Currently running the 30 or 30S in there (would be similar size to the 29) without issue.

I’ve also used the 36, 19, 43 without issue. Never tried any of my full-size frame models (17,21) because they’re just “too big” for my liking hanging off my chest.