Kuiu Bino Harness Fix

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
So I bought a used Kuiu Bino Harness without fully realizing how they worked apparently. I was not a fan that the straps were hook on to the binos, I wanted to have all the straps on the harness and nothing on the binos.

I took a few minutes and designed a fix. These are 3D printed parts with heat-set brass inserts. I drilled small holes in the harness and then "cauterized" them so they would not fray. Then I used low profile round head screws with washers on the inside of the harness to attach to these 3D printed parts. Works like a charm and the screws won't pull through nor will the plastic parts break.

What do you guys think?

WYUGwbg.jpg

5DkrSIf.jpg

dJYlHaT.jpg

"Look Ma, no binos!"

puzinxT.jpg

Weekender

WKR
Nice ...not sure why Kuiu didn’t address this when they freshened up their design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
I don't need a 3D Printer

rjf611

FNG
Very nice!
Have been trying to think of a way to accomplish this also...without a 3D printer.
Have come to the conclusion that no other bino harness works for me (magnets on improved copies are way too loud)and have to customize my KUIU as well. It really irks me that they came out with a new design fixing none of the problems and actually added to the flaws with more weight added to an unsupported harness!!
I was planning on adding some stretch cord to attach to binos to prevent them from falling out and the stretch will help when viewing with my head turned. (Previously caused binos to come tight).

tracker12

WKR
I like the mod a bunch. Just need to get a couple tethers to hold the bins to the case like FHF does.

OP
R

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
Used this setup all weekend Muley hunting and it worked great! If anyone is interested in doing this let me know.

I like it, I plan on doing something similar, sans 3D printer. It really doesn't make sense for KUIU not to offer this as an option. If you're really worried about dropping your binos, they could be carried this way with the factory strap they all come with around your neck as well.

This way without a strap seems ideal if you're using the outdoorsman's stud and tripod. You can pull them out for a quick glance, but easily click them into the tripod when you're sitting down to glass awhile.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Meh. I like the Kuiu bino harness the way they are. I have the older setup with the rangefinder pouch. I’ll pick up the updated design this year to try out.

Used this setup all weekend Muley hunting and it worked great! If anyone is interested in doing this let me know.

I'm interested in doing this. :)

Nice work! I like the Kuiu harness, that feature is the only part the really bothers me.