RSBTR Dark Olive color Vs Ranger Green??

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Need assistance comparing RSBTR Dark Olive color Vs Ranger Green??

Hi guys,

I've got a weird request I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have a Kifaru hunter frame with Ranger Green harness and belt which I am looking to make a custom pack bag for.

I have been looking at the "Dark Olive" color fabric at Rip Stop By The Roll, they have some fabrics that seem lighter weight which I'd like to try out.

Looking at it on the computer screen, it seems to look a similar shade of green as the Ranger Green, and I'm tempted to just buy a batch, HOWEVER, I am based in Australia and the shipping alone will cost over US$50 which is a big cost to risk if the colors don't look right.

I was wondering if anyone can give advice or ideally some photos of how close the Dark Olive and Ranger Green colors look, surely I can't be the first person to try to match the Ranger Green color.

I know it's a strange request, I was going to buy sample swatches from RSBTR but even that is going to cost me over US$20 for a couple of scraps of fabric so I'm just hoping someone here can give some assistance or guidance in this issue.

Cheers ,
Ian

Last edited:

ROJO23

FNG
Call me a dumb, but I do not know how to post pictures on this site. I have some bags I made in Ranger green cordura from Rockywoods, and I have a jacket my mother-inlaw made me from dark olive nylon I bought from ripstop. send me a pm with your email address and I will send you some photos.

It is pretty close but not exactly the same.

Here are some samples from Rocky Woods sitting on top of my Ranger Green Kifaru reckoning.
066edb983f521acc051e301fc40b7fd0.jpg

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

OP
L

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
Call me a dumb, but I do not know how to post pictures on this site. I have some bags I made in Ranger green cordura from Rockywoods, and I have a jacket my mother-inlaw made me from dark olive nylon I bought from ripstop. send me a pm with your email address and I will send you some photos.

It is pretty close but not exactly the same.

Thanks ROJO, would appreciate the comparison photos, PM sent.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I haven’t seen Kifaru’s RG in person, but I’ve used both Rockywoods RG cordura and RBTR dark olive silnylon, and the former seems like it would be a closer match. Dark olive was much darker than I thought it would be.

OP
L

Lockster

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t seen Kifaru’s RG in person, but I’ve used both Rockywoods RG cordura and RBTR dark olive silnylon, and the former seems like it would be a closer match. Dark olive was much darker than I thought it would be.

I'd definitely agree that Ranger Green from Rockywoods would be a match for Kifaru RG but I am looking at making a lightweight bag from a mix of 300D and 70D fabric from RSBTR, the standard Ranger Green is only available in 500D which is significantly heavier, hence my dilemma.

If you can imagine the Kifaru Fulcrum pack for example, if you had the outer wings made of sturdier fabric and then the inner bag which is less likely to get ripped up by branches etc made out of thinner lighter material because it is somewhat protected by the outer wings, that is the concept I'm wanting to try to make.

gumbl3

WKR
darkolive.jpg

420D Robic in Dark Olive next to a ranger green apollo.. The ranger green in very flat compared to the shine on the RBTR stuff