DIY stove stand set up

NHBacon

FNG
What are you fellas using to set your cylinder stoves on? I made the stove. Just wondering what to use for legs.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gudspelr

Lil-Rokslider
I bent up some stainless rod for my legs. I drilled two holes in each end out towards the edges. I used wire hangers to get the bends close to what I wanted since it was far easier to make adjustments with that before going at it with the stainless. Then with my templates, I bent up the good stuff. The front leg looks a fair bit like a W, except the outer “edges” of the W go straight down, not angled in. The middle peak of the W is lower and sits right at the bottom center of that front end plate. I put the bottom rod under that peak portion of the W when putting it all together and it holds it from wanting to go in or out, away from the end. The top edges of the W are bent and go in the holes I drilled. I subscribed to the notion that it’s far easier to get a 3 legged stool to sit on uneven ground than a 4 legged one. So, I adjusted the back leg(s) to be closer to 1 point of contact. It’s a W like the front one, but I squeezed the bottom two points really close together so they were nearly underneath the peak in the middle.

Side note for anyone lookin for stainless rod of various sizes (3/32, 1/8, etc.), go check out your welding supply place. Some of the specialty hardware shops carry stainless pin stock, but it can be harder to source. OxArc is a welding supply place here and the Tig welding guys use stainless. I could pick up a bunch of stainless for far cheaper than the hardware store.

Hope that helped-I know there are a lot of ways to make legs, this was mine. Another decent way could be how some use a screw in insert in the lip of the end plates.

Jeremy

Napperm4

WKR
I followed the lite outdoors model. Drilled some holes in the end plates and installed nutserts.

The legs are 6” of 1/4 - 20 threaded rod

Beendare

WKR
I made one years ago and just setting it on rocks...no legs worked good

Edit; so there are actually 2 ways to do this; prop it on 4 of the same size rocks of course

or

Build a little camp ring with bigger rocks and fill woth gravel that contacts the stove body. It acts as a little heat sink....not to huge effect but it makes a differnce in a small tipi

Last edited:

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
What are you fellas using to set your cylinder stoves on? I made the stove. Just wondering what to use for legs.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used a short section of square tube, just large enough for the leg to slide in to. The legs are held in place with linchpin pins. I cut the legs so they would fit inside the stove with the pipe.
ba4b59441e582a8277be691a0d8fd8b3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk