Kifaru Box Stove modification suggestions needed

Last season I ran a Sawtooth and medium box stove for the first time. It works well but I’m wondering what others have done to make them burn longer. Also if you have tricks to retain heat. I thought about putting rocks under and around the stove to absorb heat. But didn’t because I was unsure if it was safe. I didn’t think a rock would get hot enough to explode but I played it safe. Also we had an issue with the dampener. If we shut it at all the fire would just go out. So if it wasn’t wide open it didn’t burn. Any pointers are much appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbljack

WKR
Following this one. I thought about doing the same thing with the rocks, but skipped it for the same reasons. I thought it might also provide some additional security to keep my gear away from the stove to prevent it from touching the stove.

OP
B
Thanks for the link. I’d ran across that thread before. Photobucket sure loused up a ton of resources on the webs for charging for hosting. I’m going to make a dampener like was mentioned and sure up the door so it seals tight. Anyone else have anything to add?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM me and I can e-mail or text photos of the interior baffle. Made it burn much better with way less sparks.