FHF Bino Harness Modifications

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
I love my FHF gear binocular Harness system, but there were a few things that I changed that I felt made this great harness even better.

My two gripes with this harness were as follows:

1. The side mesh pockets were just barely to small to allow easy in and out for windicator bottles, especially the larger ones. They would fit with a little bit of elbow grease, grunting, and possibly some swearing under your breath, but in a real-life, crunch-time situation, I didn’t want to have to think about it or use two hands to achieve this.

And

2. The straps were extremely long, probably to accommodate larger bodied individuals, but that meant that there was a lot of excess strap hanging down and blowing in the wind when this system was firmly attached to my 6’3 165 pound frame.

My solutions:

1. I purchased elastic sheets on Amazon for a few dollars, and sewed a panel of it on the bottom of the harness with fishing line to accommodate a larger sized windicator bottle (or nearly any similarly sized objects) on the bottom of the rig, completely out of the way of my arms or bow string. This not only gave me more storage space, but also left the side pockets available for me to keep a small folding knife on one side and a tube call on the other.

2. I also purchased some smaller (2”) elastic sheets that I sewed into loops and slid over the nylon webbing (shoulder straps). This allowed me to adjust the straps to fit my body without having 1-2 feet of excess strap hanging down, getting in the way, and increasing the amount of movement produced when an animal is close.

These are both extremely simple fixes, and they cost me maybe $10.00 (probably less) but they’ve taken this harness from good to great in my eyes.

a7cb169fa10a62b805bf0260d86c3d48.jpg

220af0234f74806e371146cfd1f5a400.jpg
3d0f2d77d32af8f49d1aa304e7e09b22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hflier

WKR
Good ideas. I agree on those side pockets. Just about useless. That’s why i sold mine. Outdoor Visions side pockets work pretty good. I would like it ones like yours better though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk