Kifaru Native Side Zipper

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone added a zipper down the side of a Kifaru Native? I tried searching both this forum and on Google but I wasn't able to find any photos of examples. Thanks

Dodgeis4me

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone added a zipper down the side of a Kifaru Native? I tried searching both this forum and on Google but I wasn't able to find any photos of examples. Thanks
I built one before they released it and I'm glad I put the zipper in...it makes it way easy to get inside..i also lined it with velcro
b1e04db894c48e3b10da8312a0203745.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
I was thinking about how nice a zipper would be today when I had to get in the bag a few times, not that the roll top is a pain but it would be quicker to get into it with a side zipper as well. I was thinking of sending mine to Native Textiles to have one installed since I have no sewing skills and no machine.

OP
J

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
I built one before they released it and I'm glad I put the zipper in...it makes it way easy to get inside..i also lined it with velcro

That looks awesome! That's exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks for the pictures.

OP
J

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
I was thinking about how nice a zipper would be today when I had to get in the bag a few times, not that the roll top is a pain but it would be quicker to get into it with a side zipper as well. I was thinking of sending mine to Native Textiles to have one installed since I have no sewing skills and no machine.

I don't yet own a Native but I was thinking about buying one and sending it to Native Textiles also to have then put a zipper on the side.

Does the inside of the bag have a way to attach a hydration bladder? If not, I may have them add one if those too.

colersu22

WKR
I don't yet own a Native but I was thinking about buying one and sending it to Native Textiles also to have then put a zipper on the side.

Does the inside of the bag have a way to attach a hydration bladder? If not, I may have them add one if those too.

Yes there is a loop sewn in that you could use a small carabineer to hang a bladder and has holes in the side so you can run the hose out. I have never used a bladder in the bag but thought about doing it if I take it on a day hike vs taking my woodsman and frame.

OP
J

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
Yes there is a loop sewn in that you could use a small carabineer to hang a bladder and has holes in the side so you can run the hose out. I have never used a bladder in the bag but thought about doing it if I take it on a day hike vs taking my woodsman and frame.

That's what I was hoping for. Thanks!

This is rad, how long did it take/ much did it cost you to make this??

Dodgeis4me

Lil-Rokslider
This is rad, how long did it take/ much did it cost you to make this??
I'm not sure how long it took me, but I can tell you if I was to add up my hrs it would be cheaper to just buy it...but i like to build things so this was fun to figure out...i had all the material from previous pack builds...i would think it would cost around $20 for materials.