Other ways than zippers to connect tarp/annex to tent?

Looking for a light weight alternative to zippers. I am building a shelter and need 200" of zipper. Would rather find some lighter way to connect it all. Just wondered if anyone has tried anything. It will have a little tension where they connect but not a whole lot.
Thanks

OP
White Wizard
Velcro will end up weighing as much as zippers if I use strong enough stuff. wondering about hook and loop with overlaping fabrics maybe. Just wondered if some others have tried this

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Have you looked at the way Kifaru attaches the annex on the supertarp? Just a hardspot for the front pole and a couple tabs for stakes, it's not 100% sealed but it doesn't really let any weather in once it's all buttoned up.

I remember seeing plastic zipper type process some where. Same design basically, but utilizes plastic instead of metal. Not plastic teeth, but like a long male into female strip. But usually when light weight becomes the goal, longevity suffers.
On could utilize Velcro "patches" at specific locations rather than full length , then have a flap to ensure water/wind deflect over it.
One could even use round grommets placed at specific locations and a piece of para cord woven thru it, to hold it in place, again utilizing a flap set up for rain/wind barrier.
Or a sleeve that houses magnets placed in key places.
Probably a few ways that could work, but the zippers are proven, durable and what you want when in the wilderness.