Charge Garmin rino in the woods.

dog812

WKR
I have a couple options that have worked in case anyone is interested.
First, years ago I bought a Chinese battery, that had 9v capability, and also came with the right barrel plug for the rino 530. They discontinued it though.

We also bought a anker battery that did 9v and 12v. Bought the cigarette adapter for the 6xx rino s and stole the end to make another charger....
But now I found a way better solution. A 5v up converter to 9v.
Kekilo DC 5V to DC 9V or 12V Step-up Converter Cable with Switch Adjustable Voltage Transformation Converter: Amazon.ca: Electronics

So you can use any battery that had a USB output. The 530 series uses a 1.7x4.7 barrel plug, so i bought a adapter.. But works great.
For the newer models, you'll probably have to buy a cheap wall plug or cigarette lighter adapter and steal the end... Butt it will work.

7c57ad236d7dc96c6c585073c74873c7.jpg

ChrisS

WKR
I have a couple options that have worked in case anyone is interested.
First, years ago I bought a Chinese battery, that had 9v capability, and also came with the right barrel plug for the rino 530. They discontinued it though.

We also bought a anker battery that did 9v and 12v. Bought the cigarette adapter for the 6xx rino s and stole the end to make another charger....
But now I found a way better solution. A 5v up converter to 9v.
Kekilo DC 5V to DC 9V or 12V Step-up Converter Cable with Switch Adjustable Voltage Transformation Converter: Amazon.ca: Electronics

So you can use any battery that had a USB output. The 530 series uses a 1.7x4.7 barrel plug, so i bought a adapter.. But works great.
For the newer models, you'll probably have to buy a cheap wall plug or cigarette lighter adapter and steal the end... Butt it will work.
I tried this with another model converter and it worked, but the efficiency was horrid. Charging the RINO would kill the 12kmah external. Hvae you been able or tired to get multiple charges out of the external?

OP
D

dog812

WKR
Negative, I am sure it will be brutal... But it's a option.