AGC Buckle swap

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
How do those Wave hooks compare to the autolocks? I'm sure the autolocks are more steadfast in holding power, but they're also a taller profile. I kind of like the idea of the Wave hooks, but want to know that they hold just as well.

Thoughts?

tttoadman

WKR
I hate autolocks. the first thing I do is cut the barbs off so they work normal.

I was successful just putting a tri-slide in above the buckles and looped back through it twice. I like the idea of just ladders and tri-slide there. Much less bulky.

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
I bought both the autolock buckles and gwave hooks from milspec monkey. I tried both out and can see tge attraction to both. I decided to stay with the g wave hooks and wound up doing all 4 buckles this way. I now have an easier on off with the AGC and it rides a bit higher and tighter for me and no issues with it coming undone or loose unless I wanted it to. I used this through my elk and full deer season as well as javi here in Az logging litterally over 100 miles walked by gps tracking and of course in and out of my jeep and the off and on daily of the harness and not one problem. I am extremely happy with this mod.

snakelk

WKR
I bought both the autolock buckles and gwave hooks from milspec monkey. I tried both out and can see tge attraction to both. I decided to stay with the g wave hooks and wound up doing all 4 buckles this way. I now have an easier on off with the AGC and it rides a bit higher and tighter for me and no issues with it coming undone or loose unless I wanted it to. I used this through my elk and full deer season as well as javi here in Az logging litterally over 100 miles walked by gps tracking and of course in and out of my jeep and the off and on daily of the harness and not one problem. I am extremely happy with this mod.

I'm interested in learning the easiest way to get my AGC to ride higher. Mine is stock and I cannot adjust it high enough to my liking with the buckles it came with. You mentioned yours rides higher now, with your modifications. Maverick351, could you post or send me some pictures of what you did, please? Thanks!

I'm interested in learning the easiest way to get my AGC to ride higher. Mine is stock and I cannot adjust it high enough to my liking with the buckles it came with. You mentioned yours rides higher now, with your modifications. Maverick351, could you post or send me some pictures of what you did, please? Thanks!

Alaskan Guide Creations Auto lock buckle install - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmock97

Lil-Rokslider
To get it as high as possible you need 2 split bar ladder locks (ITW GTLL Split Bar 154-0201 Ladderloc Coyote Brown)

i did ghooks also. seemed to be the cheapest and easiest setup. rides nice and high with no play.
i also cut slots with a dremel in the old buckles so i can always go back if needed.

IMG_20180212_194906022.jpg

Randle

WKR
I have a KISS model with the smaller strsps. I just picked up some kuiu quick clips. They work great for the top straps. I will see how well they hold it tight and in position.