AGC Buckle swap

I've heard multiple people swapping out the buckles on the agc Bino harness to auto locks or using the k-clips from kifaru. I did a quick search to look for a kind of a tips and tricks or suggestions on doing it. So I'm sure someone on here has done it and I was wondering on how to go about it?

Thanks

cg2737

WKR
I just cut the buckles that came with the AGC off. Purchased autolocks, and slotted females. Attach said buckles, and you are all set. I have been very happy with the switch.
47c2f56a3e347ffa487a41218495ffb5.jpg

514d7bacd7c95d0e9d1a81dd2a2df1e4.jpg

aa4d2d7e365a068107ec676f3e2ec6e2.jpg

8cda294e009a2e40606c91aaf0cec255.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
We’re your buckles slipping. I just got my Kodiak cub in December and don’t have any field time with it yet. Just wondering if I should swap them out prior to scouting season.

gumbl3

WKR
KIMG0006.jpg

Wave G Hooks for me. I also added loops to the inside so I could fold the lid back when I was sitting for a long time in one spot

I cut the old buckles with just a slot like the new auto lockers. Cause I can then reuse the originals on something else.
I have yet to have to readjust the buckles and I have been on 4 hunts, some with serious hiking even running at times.

colersu22

WKR
I was having the slipping issues as well until I saw someone mention replacing the buckles with auto lock buckles to eliminate slipping. I replaced them over a year ago and have not had to readjust the straps since, one of the best tips I have read on Rokslide.

OP
cali_hornhunter
We’re your buckles slipping. I just got my Kodiak cub in December and don’t have any field time with it yet. Just wondering if I should swap them out prior to scouting season.

Ya mine were slipping but other than that best harness I've worn

Thanks for the replies everyone where could I get these buckles just do a google search or maybe Amazon or is there a specific brand?

cg2737

WKR
I got mine on Kifaru.net in with some more stuff I purchased. Sometimes there shipping costs on small items makes it not worth it. I know they were working to improve that issue.

colersu22

WKR
Does that also shorten the strap? I know mine could be a bit shorter to carry higher on my chest.

I cut my straps shorter so I didn't have the extra length to deal with.

As far as Kifaru's shipping rates goes they changed so now it is not bad to order small items like buckles and straps.

Also, after watching Dayna put together my cargo panel on Friday, you need needle nose pliers to take the locking mechanism out of the buckle to make feeding the strap through much easier. I got the buckles to do my conversion while I was there, so I'll be working on this myself soon.

colersu22

WKR
That would be a good trick to know, did she just pry the lock mechanism out? That is the only thing I don't like about the autolocks is how hard they are to get the strap started.

twall13

WKR
I did this mod on my previous AGC and it works well. I haven't done it yet on my new AGC as I'm looking at other options as well. It's definitely worth doing something so it doesn't slip. I might just throw a triglide on there to lock the straps after I get it set. The way I use the buckles I could really eliminate all of them but one as I only undo one buckle to put it on and take it off. Those G-hooks or K-clips could work well with some tri-glides to eliminate the bulk of the other three buckles. Anyone played around with that type of setup?