Epoxy picattiny rail for bipod/tripod

cmat1120

FNG
I think I was lead to the idea of a camera tripod for rifle stabilization via this forum. I liked the idea and want to try it out on a few rifles. Of course for any "real" rifle I would attach the picatinny rail via mechanical and chemical means(screws and epoxy), but I was wondering what people's thoughts were on epoxying a rail on the side of a 10/22 forend? I have a magpul backpacker stock so no possibility of mechanical mount without major modifications. I use the rifle for everything from teaching new shooters, to target shooting, to camping/backpacking, to small game hunting so for a few of those this might be handy.

Obviously recoil shouldn't have any effect, just the weight of the gun(probably around 6lbs).

Ive got some loctite speedbond that i use for knife scales. That stuff is stong as heck but i cant speak to how it would work with a torquing force being applied repeatedly. If you find something that works id love to hear about it

OP
C

cmat1120

FNG
I just ordered this before checking this. Do you think that pad would hold the rifle just as well? The thing I kind of liked about direct attachment is I could fully control the ease of movement with the tripod ball tension, but maybe that's a little overkill.(then again if it doesn't add weight versus either of these why not? lol)