Anybody ever add pit zips to rain gear?

Rubbin_Is_Racin

Lil-Rokslider
Obviously nothing is impossible and it can be done but I was just wondering if anyone has done this and learned any tips or zipper types or how to make it water proof.

elkduds

WKR
I like pit zips that zip from both ends. No help from me RE the install. I have Core4 element jackets w zip vents that run from just in front of armpits, diagonally down & back to end behind the pocket zippers by the coat hem. To me these would be easier to install than going through the pits and down the sleeve underseam. Also more comfortable. The jackets vent well.

OP
R

Rubbin_Is_Racin

Lil-Rokslider
That's good to know. I was envisioning them in the arm pit and only a couple inches long and was thinking it could be real uncomfortable. So yours make alot more sense.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You’ll need to find appropriate seam tape and a urethane zipper in a size that slides well. Then just deal with installing a zipper mid panel on fabric (practice first with scraps).

gchs4464

FNG
That might be just the courage boost I need!! Nice find.

I had it on my phone for a month just getting the courage to do it my self lol, I’m going to sew a top quilt in a few weeks maybe the pit zips will be next. Be sure to post your finished product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk