Show Your Truck Bed Storage/Camping Mods

Conundrum

FNG
I came across a Decked for basically nothing from a friend when he traded in his truck and they wouldn’t give him any value in trade. I liked it but I like having a quick removal option that is less than a couple minutes so now I use a river roll a cot and some Tupperwares. I have a topper. The cot allows me half to be open so I can fit a cooler and have room to sit up to put my boots on and a better space for a heater buddy. I also like having an open bed for hauling when I need to. The Decked was really nice and well thought out though. I guess if you’re willing to drill a couple holes in your bed, you can bolt the center support and run one side of the Decked which would work pretty well too.

In my 7.3 long bed, I had two 2x2 square tubes from bed rail to rail that a carpeted sheet of plywood sat on or used a cot if it was just me. In my Tacoma, I built a 2x4 wood frame with a carpeted top. In any future trucks, I think I’ll either go one or two cots if my GF is along. It’s just so simple and easy to take in and out. If I always wanted tool storage and took the topper off more, I’d use a Decked.

Stuie88

FNG
Fairly standard, bit its all diy.
b7f27264bd1858f1d767991618c39aae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR

dotman

WKR
If I lived in Australia, I would have to get one of these! Wish you could get something like them here is the USA.

7919a5e2424c2c628637e81a221aa54a.jpg

You could easily make something similar yourself here and not have that low hanging faring.

nrh6.7

WKR
You could easily make something similar yourself here and not have that low hanging faring.

Do you mean build a trailer or make certain features? These things are true off road trailers with crazy suspensions and serious capabilities. There is another maker down under that makes a similar trailer and appears to be equally capable.

I think the red/white thing at the front is a mud flap.

Just finished this project over the weekend with my son. 2001 Dodge Ram with an 8' bed and an ARE topper. The red LED lights help preserve your night vision when getting prepped in the dark prior to hiking in. My son made the netting overhead from paracord. King sized four inch thick memory foam mattress. Carpet and pad on the truck bed to help insulate. Thinking about installing a diesel heater next.
30666408cd8402de163ee65e0e539592.jpg
7888a04dae3d6a9e1a344b17d293618d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
I cut two 2x6 the same length as my box rails+opened tailgate. Drilled 3/4" holes every 16" on the flats and used three clamps / side rail to fasten them on top of the bed rail with the holes facing up. I used 3/4" pex lines 8' long to create hoops by inserting each end in the holes. I cut a osb sheet to fit the arch of the pex with a few holes around the top to fasten it to the last hoop with a bungee cord. In this sheet I put a simple door. This sheet gets fixed to my tailgate to create the end wall. Then just pull a tarp over the whole deal and fasten down. Within about 5 minutes I can have a makeshift tent in the box of the truck that is weather proof. It all stores flat in the bed of the truck for travel

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
What are the advantages of a truck tent over a regular tent? Doesn't it take up box room?