Show Your Truck Bed Storage/Camping Mods

dpep

FNG
In the market for a truck cap. Once I have one I'm planning on building some storage and maybe a platform for a bed. Hopefully all removable. Tossing around a few ideas, would like to see what you guys have come up with.

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Once I made my tonnaeu cover for my ram I hated how dark it was in the bed so I designed these and printed them on my 3D printer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Because I mostly bowhunt alone and take my deer or bear or pigs out alone and because the tailgate height of my ram is pretty high, I needed a game loading solution so I made this.

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
The homeamde tonneau cover I built for my ram. I wanted something I could remove easily but protected the stuff in my bed.

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
All of my mods have to be easily removable because any any moment I could be hauling Sand, Gravel, building materials, Helping people move or this crap.

Pa1PQzo.jpg

willidru

WKR

willidru

WKR
Sharp Things, you're ingenious, love some of the stuff you've invented for your truck bed, thank you for sharing! I'm definitely going to have to make some of those storage pockets for the wheel well area.

OP
D

dpep

FNG
I would rather make my customized stuff than buy it and in many cases, exactly what I want cant be purchased. The joy is in the doing.

Wow Sharp Things! Those are awesome, man! Very professional, thanks for sharing! I have the same truck, just with the 6.5' bed.

Willi, I've been drooling over that truckvault too. I could just never drop that kinda coin on one. I'll have Sharp make me one!

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
When I had my old 06 Cummins with the 6.5' bed I had an ARE shell on top. I looked and looked for a solution, but nothing checked most of the boxes (removable if need be, using all of the space available, etc...).I was a contractor at the time and did most of my own work so it had to work with my tools. I ended up building my own much like big timber above except I used sanded birch plywood for the frame and the deck instead of 2x4s and CDX. It was the best solution for me by far. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If doing it again I would get a Decked system. I don't require daily tool storage so a lower height system utilizing drawers makes the most sense. Not too expensive and looks to be very durable.

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
The wheel well storage and the Tonneau cover are badass Sharp Things!!!!!!!!!

I don't want a Tonneau cover but I have been kicking around some ideas for wheel well storage. My ideas haven't been collapsible just removable. I am now rethinking this and might just copy the shit out of yours... just a little taller.

cnelk

WKR
Partial deck for sleeping with storage underneath and to the side
Side is big enough to slide 2 coolers along the bunk, or swing legs down and sit on bunk

Attachments

• truck bed.jpg
    truck bed.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 608