Truck Topper

RAPTOR

WKR
Old thread, but I sold my truck and in the market for a cap for the new truck. I've had ARE Z Series on all my trucks in the past, but I'm looking at the overland or CX for this one. Lots of guys recommend the windoors and I'm just curious what you're using them for? Seems like a lot to lock and unlock and I'm not sure if I'd use em much.

wmd

Lil-Rokslider
I have a windoor on the drivers side and like it. I made a shelf that rests on the rails I have a shovel tow rope extra clothes boots etc on the shelf and can reach them easily, the shelf is easy to remove when not needed thru the windoor. The other thing I have is a show stick, its used for showing cattle, it is expandable and has a hook on it to reach things in the front of the box so I don't have to climb in and out.
wmd

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
I will never have another cap without Windoors, the side opening windows with screens. I have dog boxes under my cap, and they need the airflow. Plus, so much easier to access anything in the bed around the dog box sides or in front. Definitely want sliding front window as well, and the installed lights are pretty nice. Re items bought but NOT used, the racks on top have not proven very valuable.

Have a 2014 Ram with topper fold down front window is very nice and with dogs must have pet screen cover or the dogs tear them out. Had a Tacoma before that and AirBedz was a great thing able to sleep in the bed. Made life real easy as if you needed the bed space I would deflate and store the mattress in a five gallon bucket and put animal, wood, or whatever you wanted. Versatile for sure. Cap Pack would be amazing as previously stated. Toppers are great just figure out what works for you.