Anyone looking for sewing machines

I’ve got some older straight shooters that are all metal machines. A couple Jap 15 clones and an old singer. These are all machines that I’ve bought not working and repaired/rewired/did what was needed to get them sewing so I could sew with them. I used to think I want wanted a bunch of dedicated machines to support my hobby- this one for edge binding that one for buttonholes etc but for that to work means you need to have as many cones of thread as you do machin etc and the reality is you spend more on thread and don’t save much/ any time on set up unless you’ve got a really well set up shop- I use the corner between my bed and the closet, or the less cluttered section of dining room table which is less than ideal for any aspect of the hobby. Sew I’m keeping a straight shooter and a zig zagger and a back up, and selling these other few straight shooters. Shipping will probably double what a machine costs. But think Craigslist prices not eBay prices. These aren’t desirable collectibles from a collection- just good sewing machines that will last forever.

Im throwing this up here instead of the classifieds because
I know there have been a couple guys considering taking the plunge-well let me push you off the cliff. PM me for pictures and info etc- if anyone decides they want to buy one, I can make an add in the classifieds for it so there will be a public record etc of the transaction.

Mods- if this isn’t appropriate, apologies and get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
The struggle is real. I have 4 machines and just acquired a serger. I feel your pain.

• Banned
OP
juan trueno
Sewing is about like welding or carpentry in the since that having the skill set and the tools is all about instant gratification- more or less. Anything you want, but not quite that way or the other way- you just make, just so- the way they should’ve been doing all along. And then if you like spinning wrenches anyway- the old ones are about as fun to work in as an old jeep etc- but in the ac in front of the tv instead of sweating out with the mosquitoes.

But then sewing is also like reloading and flytying in that it just becomes an integral part of the sport for you- in as much as you see a need, opportunity, deficiency, or you have a stroke of creative genius and address it as part of your “outdoorsman experience” instead part of your online / shopping experience.

WoodBow

WKR
Sewing is about like welding or carpentry in the since that having the skill set and the tools is all about instant gratification- more or less. Anything you want, but not quite that way or the other way- you just make, just so- the way they should’ve been doing all along. And then if you like spinning wrenches anyway- the old ones are about as fun to work in as an old jeep etc- but in the ac in front of the tv instead of sweating out with the mosquitoes.

But then sewing is also like reloading and flytying in that it just becomes an integral part of the sport for you- in as much as you see a need, opportunity, deficiency, or you have a stroke of creative genius and address it as part of your “outdoorsman experience” instead part of your online / shopping experience.

I agree completely. I also have a shop packed full of tools. And I also hand load. I guess it all comes with the DIY mindset. The sewing machines are simply tools to me. I can make or repair just about anything, and it doesn't stop at hunting. I reupholstered the seats in my dad's mini truck for him. I have upholstered homemade workout equipment and made wrist wraps for lifting. The possibilities are endless.

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Singer slant needle machine. Ive been sewing outdoor stuff with it for more than 15 years. Bullet proof. Sewing is a must have skill set.

• Banned
OP
juan trueno
Squirrels has got a pretty sweet Jap 15 clone en route. I’ve got a few other machines still
c4824ab4fe603371bbc9ac3c4b8bd426.jpg

8a4de6cef0c282f529e7bc37caaff616.jpg

76167d83a544bc8bd87b3b321534e82d.jpg

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
i realize i am 9 months late to the game here... but any chance you still have them?

• Banned
OP
juan trueno
I did get a couple machines out to a couple guys but the bottom line is that it was almost always easier to find one local than it was to pay the shipping. And then get help tuning it up. Except in a few cases.
I do have a singer 500a that i can look at what the shipping will be to your part of the world pm me your phone number if you want.