Foresters Vest

Got a little bored today so decided to use an old cruising vest to make a new heavy hauler vest/pack. It’s not new looking by any means but I can’t think of a better way to keep myself used to my hunting pack year round. All I need now is to either make or buy a smaller bag as the reckoning might be a little overkill.
9b6340589745f531e8b8456a3b5d4090.jpg
eb096944a832498cfa6d49f158a59794.jpg
f495465725089a2fc52bb401a2ff5a66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will work. I guess it depends on exactly what you carry while cruising timber. I have carried several quarts of marking paint, flagging, hip chain and thread, 2 quarts of water and food, plus d-tape and cruising things. All in the vest as is. That is a lot of stuff and, can't imagine what you'd need a heavy hauler like the Kifaru frame for. Educate me please

OP
luckybrand
That will work. I guess it depends on exactly what you carry while cruising timber. I have carried several quarts of marking paint, flagging, hip chain and thread, 2 quarts of water and food, plus d-tape and cruising things. All in the vest as is. That is a lot of stuff and, can't imagine what you'd need a heavy hauler like the Kifaru frame for. Educate me please

Not really anything too heavy unless we’re in deep somewhere to camp and recce new areas, it’s mostly just because I like the feel of my frame and I figured why not use it all the time and stay used to it rather than use it only for a couple months of the year. I have a light classic vest for the usual days just was a little bored and wanted to fool around.

bhylton

WKR
it would work nice if you were carrying lots of marking paint and cruising at the same time. more than 5 or 6 cans in a vest sucks. also would be sweet for those snowy winter days when your a long ways from the truck but need to carry extra warm clothes, fire starting stuff, food and all your cruising gear. i would probably just stuff the vest in the pack and carry it to the plot that way though haha

I love tinkering and making things exactly for my uses. Nice work!!
Thanks for the heads up on the stove. Just looked them up and read a bunch of reviews. Not sure i "need" one at the moment but glad to know theyre available and pretty cheap.

OP
luckybrand
75422ca02b24168792670d21d3c9001c.jpg
21347d375a8bb0b83fab30a6adab84e0.jpg
d3a759fca14f922624a0174112d26cc0.jpg

Just a couple updates and a big wolf track, I’ve been using my pack for the past two months basically every day in the bush and I can say with out a doubt the kifaru platform was definitely worth building on. I’ve also started to use the bladder system between frame and bag for my water and such a simple idea is an awesome feature as long as the temps are above freezing.