Stainless stovepipe?

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
Any reason why .0003 wouldn’t work for stove pipe? Thinkin of getting shim stock stainless for this and was wondering if it’s possible to “roll” into stove pipe thanks , or what would you recommend, I know titanium is most popular but tryin to save some money ,

colonel00

WKR
Many people use stainless for the pipe and body of a stove. I do. I don't know the thickness off hand though. You might check out Titanium goat or Lite Outdoors and see what thicknesses of stainless they sell for use as pipes.

jmden

WKR
You mean .003. I thinking .004 or .005 is what Kifaru uses. Call 'em and ask. But all they do is have a roll of it a certain width (12-14" I think) and measure out the length the customer wants and cut it. First time you fire the stove with that pipe do it hot for a 1/2 or so, then it will take a 'set' and take that stovepipe shape when unrolled for use.

bhylton

WKR
Any reason why .0003 wouldn’t work for stove pipe? Thinkin of getting shim stock stainless for this and was wondering if it’s possible to “roll” into stove pipe thanks , or what would you recommend, I know titanium is most popular but tryin to save some money ,

if you find a good source for shim stock thats wide enough and long enough for a stove pipe would you mind posting a link?

dog812

WKR
Here it's the quote I got from fastenal, these are Canadian prices.
In The end I went with lite outdoors
Originally I wanted a 120" roll.
30" for body, rest for stove pipe, 7.5'. 12" makes a 3" stove pipe if I remember correctly.

6ebb9596a3276ba4d890a999eecb850d.jpg

ethan

WKR
Definitely go with the “foil”. It’s actually made for wrapping steel parts in the heat treating process. It’s not terribly expensive either

OP
Idahomnts

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
Found some .002 ..... lol is that too ultra lite? Wanting to do a wifi style, I have access to 26gauge stainless flat sheet to fabricate top an bottom, wondering how this will do as body wrap and stove pipe, also 10” wide I believe ,