MR pintler lid help!

Had anybody added a lid to the Mystery Ranch Pintler? Would like to add a lid but the bag has now way of doing so. Any help is appreciated!

Mt Al

WKR
Don't know if my writing will be descriptive enough but here's a try. I bought the Selway, similar to the Pintler, to work as a big-ish day pack, small-ish 1 or 2 night pack. I planned on hooking a big hip sack to the top for a lid when out for a few nights. I have an ancient Dana Design hip sack that fits the bill.

If you look at the Selway pictures on the MR web site, you'll see the webbing that goes over the top of the pack, starting at the top of the load lifter attachment to the frame and ending at the top of the daisy chain on the back. The Pintler pics don't have this webbing.

Short answer: I used this webbing to attach a hip sack as a lid to my Selway. I bet you can call MR and get the same straps for a fee and jury-rig a system that will work with a hip sack, dry bag, very small duffle, or, maybe best yet, a sleeping bag stuff sack with compression straps.

Longer answer: I took some split-bar/repair buckles and threaded females into the load lifter connect on the frame, males into the top of the daisy chain webbing on the back of the pack. I then made a strap system that threads through various straps on my Dana Design hip sack, male ends connecting to the females at the top of the load lifter, females to the top of the daisy chain webbing. Works like a charm!

**Disclaimer: The reference to male and female buckles connecting to each other is in no way intended to cast judgement or create ill will toward those prefer male-to-male or female-to-female connections. These references are only made toward the use of webbing and straps.

**Also. I don't have any packs or frames to compare my Selway to, haven't put on a Stone Glacier, Kuiu, new Sitka, Exo, Kifaru...Nothing. However, I really like this pack. Carries excellently and synches tight with a light load, expands to carry a big load.

I went on milspec monkey and ordered the same type of flush fit buckle that is on my marshal and my metcalf and had them sewn on the pintler in the same location and now my lid from those packs fits great on my pintler. I will take some pics when i get home.

This is one of those things that just made so much sense to me that I actually let MR know that I did it and how nice it was to be able to use my Lid with my pintler. They seemed interested and who knows they may consider adding those two 25 cent buckles in the future.

e565deaf277263083b3384682005eb8d.jpg
add5d662ad0cde4f7da146423170c058.jpg
dcd8c64a3c0eb97ab1681df2e4883f06.jpg

mtnhmr

FNG
I've successfully attached a MR Alpine Lid with extra buckles and velcro etc. - could post pictures if you wanted?

The best option I've found is a Hill People Gear PALS pocket as a beavertail / day pack option.