Help- DIY Water Bladder on Barneys Pack

AKTAX

FNG
I have a Barney's Alaska Hunter pack. I want to add a water bladder and wanted to reach out to group if anyone has modified their pack to have one and how they did it.

OregonInAlaska

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Barney's Alaska Hunter pack. I want to add a water bladder and wanted to reach out to group if anyone has modified their pack to have one and how they did it.

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
I used a small Camelback pack that holds a bladder attached to my Cabela's frame. Just the essentials and some water keeps it pretty small.

OP
A

AKTAX

FNG
Where would you attach it to the frame? Do you have any pictures of it? I was thinking about using the Slurpy Stalker from Exo MTN Gear and strapping it on top of the bag.

Fatcamp

WKR
I cut the tag ends off the shoulder straps so I could remove them from the slide adjusters. Then I fed them behind the frame and just messed around with positioning until I got it right, fed them back through the adjusters, and cinched it down really tight. Kifaru gunbearer to finish it off. Makes for a nice, lightweight rig capable of carrying 100#.

My wife found a Cabela's Minimalist pack frame for $170 that she doesn't use so I am taking that over. I've trimmed it down to 5 1/2# including the rain fly. I think the frame/pack setup I had before was closer to 4 1/2#, but this one should be more comfortable and weatherproof.