Anyone interested in partnering to make a bino harness?

TheCougar

WKR
I get so tired of looking for the perfect bino harness, and it seems like I am not the only one. I have a mental prototype that I believe solves 90% of the issues that people have with their harnesses, but I lack the ability to sew. My wife sews, but I don’t think she is interested... Most companies seem “pot-committed” to their designs, otherwise we would have an FHF that opens forward or a marsupial that provides complete wrap around protection. I’m not in it to get rich... hell, I just want to see if my model will work as well as I think it will. Is there anyone out there willing to work together on a couple of prototypes to try out this fall and see if it is worthwhile pursuing?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Less straight forward than you think typically folks ideas have padding, specialty hardware, etc. all jammed into a small package which becomes a PITA to sew and thus the assembly steps become pretty critical with some trial and error involved. Which is likely one reason you probably don't see too much flexibility on the designs others will make, what might seem like a simple change isn't always.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Less straight forward than you think typically folks ideas have padding, specialty hardware, etc. all jammed into a small package which becomes a PITA to sew and thus the assembly steps become pretty critical with some trial and error involved. Which is likely one reason you probably don't see too much flexibility on the designs others will make, what might seem like a simple change isn't always.

Without getting too specific, the design is actually fairly simple - at least in my mind. I am sure the devil is in the details, and maybe these ideas have been tried before, but that is why I need someone with experience to troubleshoot it.

muddydogs

WKR
Pods8 turned my idea into a great bino harness. He made what I wanted, figured out my drawings and had some great ideas along the way. I have used the harness now on 7 hunts and think its the bomb.

Thecougar,
Not sure about the new model but the old kuiu was taped.
Is it something you could cut out then glue?
Old t shirts for thin material, old jeans for thick?

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Thecougar,
Not sure about the new model but the old kuiu was taped.
Is it something you could cut out then glue?
Old t shirts for thin material, old jeans for thick?

I suppose for a prototype. I could hit my wife up to sew it, but she’d spend a lot of time figuring it out and even then, if it worked it would still need to be done professionally before I took it on a hunt.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Pods8 turned my idea into a great bino harness. He made what I wanted, figured out my drawings and had some great ideas along the way. I have used the harness now on 7 hunts and think its the bomb.

Let’s see it!

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Muddydogs I earned a healthy respect for bono harnesses making in that task and couldn’t get it as nice as ultimately desired. As I said it’s a lot into a little package and not the most straightforward.

Cougar I’ll reply to your PM tomorrow.

Tailz190

FNG
I made chest opening model and I agree with pods - when adding padding and other components - it was a giant PITA - took a lot longer than imagined and didn’t turn out exactly as I envisioned but it’s gonna work for me
bd44cac993ef754b8838ed17656bea0e.jpg
9d5ad7f4df7dff6c16fedcdb5ab3c072.jpg
cefc7445fb927d2ffbeca12a0775c697.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made chest opening model and I agree with pods - when adding padding and other components - it was a giant PITA - took a lot longer than imagined and didn’t turn out exactly as I envisioned but it’s gonna work for me
9d5ad7f4df7dff6c16fedcdb5ab3c072.jpg
cefc7445fb927d2ffbeca12a0775c697.jpg

That looks pretty close to the FHF Gear harness. Did you use that one as a guide? Do you mind pointing out what you saw as lacking in the FHF Gear one that you wanted to solve in yours?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get so tired of looking for the perfect bino harness, and it seems like I am not the only one. I have a mental prototype that I believe solves 90% of the issues that people have with their harnesses, but I lack the ability to sew. My wife sews, but I don’t think she is interested... Most companies seem “pot-committed” to their designs, otherwise we would have an FHF that opens forward or a marsupial that provides complete wrap around protection. I’m not in it to get rich... hell, I just want to see if my model will work as well as I think it will. Is there anyone out there willing to work together on a couple of prototypes to try out this fall and see if it is worthwhile pursuing?
I've heard rumors that marsupial is testing a prototype with full encloser.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk