How many of you believe the 80/20 rule?

CX5Ranch

WKR
You could read posts/new topics and figure out real quick who's gonna have a chance and who should save their $686 tag money for tennis lessons

OP
Bulldawg

Bulldawg

WKR
I just like starting conversation, and success rates have always intrigued me! And I am always very curious why some guys are successful and some guys aren’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bulldawg

Bulldawg

WKR
I don't believe so, I've hunted with a lot of people, and have been surprised more than a couple times on some killers and some guys that struggle. I never take stock in online posts as far as judging people.

You could read posts/new topics and figure out real quick who's gonna have a chance and who should save their $686 tag money for tennis lessons

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I totally agree, but from my experience from hunting with a ton of guys there are some characteristics that have a bit to do with it as well.

Of course........just like in life. There are very few people in this world where they just luck into success......consistently. There are specific characteristics that successful people have.

I just like starting conversation, and success rates have always intrigued me! And I am always very curious why some guys are successful and some guys aren’t.

I would guess it has to do with preparation and tolerance for discomfort.

True in all aspects of life. It was defined as the Pareto Principle in the 1890s as some mentioned, but identified as early as biblical times. Knows as the Matthew Principle and often misquoted by some as "the rich get richer". Mathew 25:29. Also mentioned in Mark and Luke.

CX5Ranch

WKR
I don't believe so, I've hunted with a lot of people, and have been surprised more than a couple times on some killers and some guys that struggle. I never take stock in online posts as far as judging people.
You're right. I thought about what I said and I was wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure you can just look at hunter success rates and figure out exactly what percentage of hunters kill 100% of the elk.?

The Pareto Principle can be upheld in almost every facet of life. Thats the 80/20 rule. In Colorado, hunting success is only occurring approximately 20% of the time +/- a few percentages. Some would argue that. But, I would submit that the people arguing are in the 20% and therefore see that they are actually about 80-90% successful. This, if researched more heavily would no doubt hold true.
Some research was done and it showed that the successful hunters tend to be successful year after year while new hunters and the non-committed are nowhere near the success rate than that of the seasoned folks.

rayporter

WKR
the first year we went for elk we were riding along and the mule spotted an elk which I finally seen. I turned to sam and asked if he wanted this one. to which his drool and tongue floppin out was my answer. a minute later as he stood over it I says ' you skin that one pilgrim and I well get you another' 2 hours later in 2 ft of snow I connected. we had no idea what we were in for. even by that time.

the following year we each killed again. . after that we were careful to kill one and quit to get it out. between us we killed nearly every year.
we called it 100% because we were a team. of the guys we took in an attempt to find a young feller to help with work when we were over the hill none stayed with it.
only 2 killed which was 15%. but the real bottom line evidently was desire. one that I met on the mountain has the fever. he will have to carry the torch. sam had passed and I can barely do camp chores.