Go Deep boys, Go Deep...

Savage99

WKR
What unit? What road is that? How far down? Please share your honey hole! Any info appreciated!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recognize that tree. Unit 146 down BFE 101 HWY, about a 1/4 mi past Honey Hole Lake.

Gobbler36

WKR
Gotta love this type of post on a hardcore western hunting forum. What ever floats your boat.

What exactly is hardcore western hunting? I just hunt, I don’t do hardcore 😂😂
In all seriousness hope everyone has a great fall, I know for me this time of year the hands on the clock tick by very slowly until opening day!

slick trick

Lil-Rokslider
Another pic, same morning, taken from the window of my truck. Different OTC unit :)

did you realize you can right click on the picture go to properties and get the gps cord off of where this was taken ????? no not really but everybody started right clicking....

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
^^^^ This is true if the pic was taken with a smart phone and location was enabled ^^^^^

But neither happened - sorry :)

johnhenry

Lil-Rokslider
Not even one, "that's what she said". I would have bet 1 million Schrute bucks and lost on that one....

I can't believe I missed that. A friend of mine has been coaching me on how to hear those oppurtunities. better get back to my training.

KsRancher

WKR
My dad and I have found a spot that holds elk and it's around 2 miles in. I would like to find them closer to the road. But since we only get 9 days a year to hunt them, I would rather walk the 2 miles in knowing there is a pretty good chance of elk there than spend time looking closer to to roads and not find them. Maybe when we finally get an elk under our belts, we will start to look for spots like that

204guy

WKR
Finding an elk standing next to a road in June and July is not a difficult task. Doing so once archery opens is more difficult. Doing so once rifle season opens is another thing entirely. Sure elk can be found close to the road but you need to know the area extremely well to eliminate all the areas near roads that don't have elk. Elk don't like pressure. No secret there.