Rain in steamboat

Just wondering how dry is it around steamboat? I will be heading in to sarvis creek in a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
I have a friend livres there said it's been real dry. I'll message and find out what has been happening lately with moisture.

Maverick940

Banned
One of my Arizona hunters happens to have a ram tag in S44. He said that it's drier than hell around there right now.

Comparing to my notes and photos from scouting and hunts the last three years..... seems worse than the last two seasons, but not quite as bad as '16. That year was downright dusty, even in the timber. A couple of my marked seeps and springs have much less wallow around them than I noted previously.

wytx

WKR
Just heard back, some scattered rain lately but still dry. Sarvis Creek is closed due to a fire they said, Silver Creek fire. Call the fire info number and they can give you info on what is closed and any idea of changes in closures.

I just read about the closure last night. I am completely bummed out. This year is supposed to be mine and my sons first elk hunt and we planned on going where the 416 fire was first then the Sarvis Creek Wilderness now we are 3 weeks out and no idea if or where we are going now. :mad:

As of now yes. All of the Sarvis wilderness. You might get lucky, under 200 acres with moderate growth and they’re fighting full suppression. But based on the fire season so far, I wouldn’t bet on it. There’s other decent access not far from there, both sides of Steamboat.

Jon Boy

WKR
I just ended my last shift on the silver creek fire. There trying to get it wrapped up now but there is still some active parts of it. Kind of a mess. Hard to say if things will be opened up in a few weeks. It has been frosting the last few mornings up there which seems to be knocking some heat out of it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lark Bunting

Lil-Rokslider
I just read about the closure last night. I am completely bummed out. This year is supposed to be mine and my sons first elk hunt and we planned on going where the 416 fire was first then the Sarvis Creek Wilderness now we are 3 weeks out and no idea if or where we are going now. :mad:

Sent you a message.

Jon Boy

WKR
Didn't think I'd be back to the silver creek but here we are for round 2. The fires making big runs today and all resources have been chased out. Wished I had better news for you boys!

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't think I'd be back to the silver creek but here we are for round 2. The fires making big runs today and all resources have been chased out. Wished I had better news for you boys!

Bless you and your brothers and sisters up there fighting these fires! Take care of each other and get home safe.

Seems like the fire is blowing up again. Inciweb mentions the evacuation of hunters. A little too close to comfort for me.

Jbehredt

WKR
c20866c650d450941d1fa056d42305d5.jpg

It’s definitely not not burning. Been dry all week and pretty windy today.

dcounts

FNG
Has anyone heard if they will be opening the areas that where closed for the Silver Creek Fire before first rifle ?

It was open, well a lot of it down off 16 by Morrison Creek when I was there during archery. Outfitters camps were up as well