Eastern Elk Draws

I've been applying in my home state of Kentucky for years. I also buy a Powerball ticket the same day. I figure it's about the same odds.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
Jsunkler

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who is playing the odds in PA and KY. Good luck in the PA drawing everyone

PMcGee

WKR
The PA elk drawing is August 18th. If you draw they call you that day. My buddies dad drew a cow tag last year. He was at the drawing heard his name called and his phone rang a few seconds later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agross

WKR
I've been applying in Michigan for ten years now, and just started applying in Kentucky this year.

bowhnt

Lil-Rokslider
Michigan for 14 years now. Will only get one or two more chances at it before we move west so hoping I can draw it. Residents only and only one tag per lifetime so it would be pretty sweet. But can’t hold out for that when I can hunt them every year while living west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nturpin

FNG
Not quite as Far East but I drew an Arkansas bull elk tag. It was definitely a special tag for me. My dad helped get the elk here back in the 80s with the RMEF. And I have been applying for 16 years

Fullfan

WKR
View attachment 76697

I was drawn for a Pa bull tag in 04. I drew the only Bull tag for the unit I was assigned which was approx. 150sq miles. Lots of hard work and scouting paid off with a bull of a life time.

elkyinzer

WKR
I live 30 minutes from the PA elk and have never applied. It's just not the same as hunting them out West. I've heard some horror stories about opening morning chaos. I have donated to Kentucky a couple times because they have a separate archery season. I would apply at home if they did.

Living between KY and PA I probably should apply but I never do lol. Our state just got elk last year and i'm hoping in my lifetime I can kill a bull in my home state which would be really cool! A guy I work with won a KY bull tag in a $10 raffle and the freakin idiot DIDNT TAKE IT! I asked him why and he said he wasn't sure how he would get an elk out of the woods.....*Smash head against wall* LOL

jdmaxwell

WKR
I drew 2016 PA bull tag.
Obviously not same as hiking mountains in Colorado to kill a bull, but still can be a hard amazing hunt depending on zone you draw.
I was fortunate to draw one of the bigger, harder zones which fit me.
Put my time in scouting and harvested a 400+ bull of lifetime and able to share experience with my wife and good friends.

7Bartman

WKR
Second year trying for PA. I'll still with the little marsh elk here in MD if I don't draw.

You blame rinella and his podcast for my interest lol..... don’t worry I’m pretty sure all those mosquitoes will make ppl not come back