Elk Calling Podcast/RichOutdoors!

DavePwns

WKR
Awesome! Can't wait to learn, you have been extremely helpful. My wife said you are the elk whisperer

As if i dont listen to your voice enough between the podcasts and your app! Pretty much listening to one podcast or another of yours or the app the whole hour to work and home every day. Your thought process fits and provides insight into all my previous interactions with elk. Cant say thanks enough, feel like i owe you a beer or thirty!
Much thanks!!

Thomas11

WKR
I’ve been trying to listen to it, but it keeps telling me episode currently unavailable

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
I just talked with Cody & they're looking into the issue! I think it's getting slammed by too many at once trying to either download it or listen to it. I would say give it a bit of time & try a little later today. If I receive further word on any issue resolved I'll let all know, thanks!

p.s. You guys that are hunting Elk this year do not want to miss this one or the one I did yesterday with HuntBackCountry, some of the stuff overlaps but there's plenty of new stuff between the two. These Hosts ask the very questions many here have so hopefully it will be instructive to guys thirsting for that elk knowledge! Thanks guys!

ElkNut/Paul

11boo

WKR
Just downloaded it now Paul. I’ll listen later, no issues downloading either. Thank you for putting this stuff out.

HookUp

WKR
Your last podcast with Rich outdoors was one of my fav's. Going to head to the gym and listen to the new one!

dingleberns

Lil-Rokslider
Paul, on a cold calling sequence where you don’t know where the elk are and haven’t seen any, what are the terrain features you look for to set up? High, low, cover? Don’t want to blow elk out just walking through....BTW I’ll be solo

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
If no fresh sign of elk is around the odds are good not to blow anything out as you walk through the woods. Once fresh sign is located & you are in the proximity of where elk are within hearing distance at that time of day then your odds are good to pull elk your way with a good tight setup & patience to stay 30 min to an hour!

First hour of daylight & I concentrate near feeding areas. From 10 a.m. & later I get near the bedding areas for Cold Calling!

I need a good setup when I find an area to Cold Call. The wind Must be predictable & in my favor from sides & in front of my setup. I'm not concerned much from behind me where I just came from since if they came from there they'd pick up my scent anyway! My favorite spots are calling elk on my same level or call them from above having them come down to me. With most the country we hunt we are generally calling elk down to us. I want my setups so an elk cannot see source of calling until in my bowrange, it's too late for them then! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Scott, thank you sir, glad you enjoyed it! My Son & I were out this weekend setting a couple of cams & saw some beautiful elk country, can't wait for the next couple of weeks to pass!! Thanks again!

ElkNut/Paul