Colorado Non resident OTC

To get validated for hunter safety course do they have to be purchased at a CPW office or can any retailer validate?

If you already have your license, then getting "validated" or "verified" isn't going to work. Just carry your HS card with you. If you stop into a CPW office and show them your card, they will enter the info into your account, and any license after that will have the "V" printed on it. I have it, but I still carry my card with me anyway.

The National Forest Office in Pagosa Springs (on the main street), can Validate your account also.

5MilesBack is referring to the refund policy. In order to get a full refund or have your preference points restored, you must turn in your tag at least 30 days before the opening day of the season your tag is good for. Archery opens Aug 25, so it is too late if you have an archery tag.

Thanks

I was trying to point out that if you show up for elk rifle or muzzy expecting to buy a tag at any vendor once the season is started, you will be out of luck.

I found that out when I traveled to Unit 25 for a deer rifle hunt a few years ago.

I was going to pick up an elk tag on the way, but the CPW offices were closed. The next closest office to where we were hunting was in Rifle and I didn’t want to miss a day of deer hunting driving to get an elk tag.

Didn’t see any bulls anyways, so I save a day and a few hundred $$!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cfdjay

WKR
I skimmed through this so it may have been answered but do you still need to verify you Hunter Ed if you've previously held a Colorado License/Tag?

FlyGuy

WKR
I skimmed through this so it may have been answered but do you still need to verify you Hunter Ed if you've previously held a Colorado License/Tag?
Yes, you do until your hunter ID card has been verified in person by CPW. If you ever buy a tag at one of their offices they can validate it for you, then you will not have to carry that ID card with you for subsequent seasons.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

If you happen to find a National Forest Office (I found one in Pagosa Springs), they can validate your Hunter Ed card, and have it entered in the computer for future reference.