Colorado Leftover

No, leftover tags do not take your points. I believe they take your points, if you get called on a reissue tag and you accept it. But on Leftover tags and low point reissue tags that end up on the list you just purchase them like "otc" tags.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
There is a caveat to this. If the tag you are purchasing takes more than 5 points to draw to begin with, whether it is leftover or turn in...........then you spend your points on the tag. If it was less than 4 points to draw, you do not spend your points to buy the tag.

ckleeves

WKR
There is a caveat to this. If the tag you are purchasing takes more than 5 points to draw to begin with, whether it is leftover or turn in...........then you spend your points on the tag. If it was less than 4 points to draw, you do not spend your points to buy the tag.

Where are you finding this info? Turn in tags over 5 points go to the next person in line and it does take their points because they are essentially drawing. As far as I know no tags on the reissue/leftover list would do anything to your points. Even if it’s a higher point tag that was refused by the next person (people) in line and ended up on the list.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericF

WKR

As ckleeves pointed out, this information is wrong. If you are one of the next five people in line for a >5 point tag, you can get the tag and wipe out your points. If a >5 point tag hits the leftover list, that means the next 5 people in line did not want it and anybody can pick it up off of the leftover list without using points. So effectively any tag that you pick up off of the leftover list will never require points.

gelton

WKR
I had a question on this...how do leftover tags work if you are hunting with a party? Or can leftover tags only be purchased by single individuals?

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
As ckleeves pointed out, this information is wrong. If you are one of the next five people in line for a >5 point tag, you can get the tag and wipe out your points. If a >5 point tag hits the leftover list, that means the next 5 people in line did not want it and anybody can pick it up off of the leftover list without using points. So effectively any tag that you pick up off of the leftover list will never require points.

Sorry EricF: Straight off the website>>>>>>>>5 or More Preferen​ce Points
Returned deer, elk, pronghorn and bear hunt codes that took 5 or more resident preference points to draw, in the current years draw, will be reissued to the next person in the draw order.​

​These reissued licenses will require the use of preference points as per regulation if accepted.

If one of the first 5 customers contacted, per returned license, do not accept it, the license will then be reissued utilizing the current leftover and leftover OTC with cap lists.

4 or Less Preference Points
All other returned limited and over-the-counter (OTC) with caps licenses, excluding public Ranching for Wildlife, will be available to any of the public, who meet licensing and education requirements.

These returned limited and OTC with caps licenses reissued utilizing the current leftover and leftover OTC with cap lists will NOT require the use of preference points.

Limited and OTC with caps licenses will continue to be reissued as long as a sufficient number of licenses are returned or unsold.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Where are you finding this info? Turn in tags over 5 points go to the next person in line and it does take their points because they are essentially drawing. As far as I know no tags on the reissue/leftover list would do anything to your points. Even if it’s a higher point tag that was refused by the next person (people) in line and ended up on the list.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong?

5 or More Preferen​ce Points
Returned deer, elk, pronghorn and bear hunt codes that took 5 or more resident preference points to draw, in the current years draw, will be reissued to the next person in the draw order.​

​These reissued licenses will require the use of preference points as per regulation if accepted.

If one of the first 5 customers contacted, per returned license, do not accept it, the license will then be reissued utilizing the current leftover and leftover OTC with cap lists.

4 or Less Preference Points
All other returned limited and over-the-counter (OTC) with caps licenses, excluding public Ranching for Wildlife, will be available to any of the public, who meet licensing and education requirements.

These returned limited and OTC with caps licenses reissued utilizing the current leftover and leftover OTC with cap lists will NOT require the use of preference points.

Limited and OTC with caps licenses will continue to be reissued as long as a sufficient number of licenses are returned or unsold.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
So I guess the way I read it is if a 12 point PP tag for example hit the leftover/reissued list, that person would be required to burn their points to purchase the tag.....sounds like you all think I read it wrong??

So I guess the way I read it is if a 12 point PP tag for example hit the leftover/reissued list, that person would be required to burn their points to purchase the tag.....sounds like you all think I read it wrong??

Points are used for reissued tags. Reissued tags are offered to the next person in line who would have got it in the regular draw. If five people do not accept the reissued tag, it becomes a leftover tag. Leftover tags do not require points.

ericF

WKR

Yes, you read it wrong, and yes it is confusing based on their wording and how they have it formatted. The part below is under the <5 point tag wording, but it applies to all tags that have hit the leftover list. Also speaking from personal experience last year, any tag that is on the leftover list will not require preference points regardless of how many points it took to initially draw.

DEHusker

WKR
Different year, same story....phone impossible to get into, online system basically crashed immediately (or is so slow that it is useless), and people in the front of the line didn't get their first choice unless it is somehow rigged. Do I sound bitter...??!! LOL..

Colorado system broken so badly it needs a major overhaul....unfortunately they overhauled it to make it worse.....

LandYacht

WKR
Different year, same story....phone impossible to get into, online system basically crashed immediately (or is so slow that it is useless), and people in the front of the line didn't get their first choice unless it is somehow rigged. Do I sound bitter...??!! LOL..

Colorado system broken so badly it needs a major overhaul....unfortunately they overhauled it to make it worse.....

Be bitter, but not petty. There is no “rigged” system. There are more people interested in getting tags than the number of tags.

It’d be great if we all got the tags we wanted, but this isn’t millennial sports-not everyone gets a trophy.

Good luck filling the tags you already have and there’s always OTC and leftovers after today if you don’t have a tag.

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider

I agree. Already logged in at 9:55 (Central) at 10:00 click on big game license- server crash. Tried for 15 minutes to get back on, then low and behold- all the tags for my unit are gone. If it’s not “rigged” I guess it was a selective server crash, because somebody was able to get in and buy tags.

topher89

WKR
I agree. Already logged in at 9:55 (Central) at 10:00 click on big game license- server crash. Tried for 15 minutes to get back on, then low and behold- all the tags for my unit are gone. If it’s not “rigged” I guess it was a selective server crash, because somebody was able to get in and buy tags.

Definitely frustrating but its not rigged. Some guys win and get in quick, others don't. Its just the way it is