Colorado OTC 2nd season but no Habitat Stamp

Just purchased my OTC 2nd Season Bull tag online but the Habitat Stamp I usually buy wasn't available. They had a Lifetime one for $350, but I didn't see the single season one. I hunt a Private Ranch, and didn't think I needed one but was wondering if I overlooked it. I plan on calling Colo Parks & Wildlife later on to find out if they are still required. Anyone know about the Habitat Stamp ?

Last edited:
OP
L
You need one. I believe it just automatically adds one on for you, did you double check your receipt?

I printed up my Order History for the last to years, and it shows " 059-Habitat Stamp w/ license" for 2016 and 2017, but this year it only shows "E25 NR ELK OTC"
There is no mention of the Habitat Stamp for 2018

I hunt a private Ranch in 78/81, and I didn't think I needed it if I wasn't hunting on State or Federal property. I purchased it to give the State a little extra revenue.

edited to add: There is a S&R fee of .25 and a WES fee for .75 (Search & Rescue fee and a Wildlife Education fee)

OP
L
I went back online (while on hold with CPW), and just pulled up "Habitat Stamp". It comes up with a $10 annual, and $350 Life Time price. I put the $10 one in my Cart, and when I logged into my account to make the purchase, it came up with a "Z02" code, reading "Habitat Stamps only until you reach age 65". I just turned 65 in July, so apparently anyone over 65 doesn't have to have one?? Still on hold with CP&W, but I will ask the rep when he gets on the phone.

OP
L
Just talked to a rep at CPW (303) 297-1192 who advised me that when you reach age 65, you no longer have to purchase the Habitat Stamp. He did advise me, however that one is required by Hunters (under 65) even if they are hunting private ranches. No Habitat Stamp is required if you are hunting a high fence game ranch, but then you also don't need a hunting license either.