Intentionally Camping near other hunters

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldnt camp near someone intentionally. As others have mentioned, a lot of people have the idea of solitude when choosing their campsites... Now if you happen to run into them and touch bases in order to formulate a plan to both stay out of eachothers way and also to team up in the event you get something down, i think that would be awesome.

Im not saying though if youve had a campsite picked out for awhile and go in and someone is camped near it that you shouldnt camp where you intended.

Not to threadjack but im curious of the people posting here of a flip side. If you see that someone has at some point in time, on public land, set up a camp in a prime spot (via old fire pit, garbage, wood, crossmember in trees and clothing line twine) that you also have scouted out for a camp, would you go in and camp there come opening day (assuming you got there first) knowing that, that person could potentially show up?

I know my opinion. Just curious what others might think beings its a similar topic.
Whoever gets there first. If its important get in there and set up a camp/tent/trailer the weekend before or get there three four days before others show up.

K_pem

WKR
Its only accessible by quad at best. I planned on getting there the day before the opener and the next time im out there to scout i plan to take a look if anyone has been there recently and leave a note. But in my book its first come first serve on public land. I wouldnt go using their firewood and what not without replacing it or anything like that, but i dont feel anyone is entitled to anything. My thoughts are that someone was just camping there near the creek on a ride or something and it probably wont be a problem.

But going back to the OP's post, I wouldnt have a problem if they showed up and camped nearby, beings that its the only spot near the creek and the trail. However i cant assume the same for them if they beat me there, in which case ill fall back a mile or so to plan B.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
If I were you I would touch base with them before setting up camp. If I were me, I'd find a different place to camp and probably a different place to hunt. If I run in to them out hunting I'd stop and say hey, but wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

KSP277

WKR
you see, I'm thinking of them not me......I hate to subject anyone to seeing my pasty white old man azz buck naked taking a bath in the creek mid day but its their choice.

And yeah I snicker a little............ when they catch a glimpse of me sunning on a rock and hiding their eyes.....

That’s when you walk over to their camp buck naked and ask if you can bum a toothbrush.

jspradley

WKR
I'd stop and say "hey" and ask how best to avoid bothering them during their hunt then move on...

If you camped next to me in the wilderness I'd be likely to have a morning jerk session right outside my tent just for spite lol

I'd stop and say "hey" and ask how best to avoid bothering them during their hunt then move on...

If you camped next to me in the wilderness I'd be likely to have a morning jerk session right outside my tent just for spite lol

That would run them out of there in a hurry. lol

Is it still considered indecent exposure if it's done out of anger rather than lust? If I ever happen to camp next to you, just please don't look me in the eyes during your session.

Is it still considered indecent exposure if it's done out of anger rather than lust? If I ever happen to camp next to you, just please don't look me in the eyes during your session.

I think the law bases it in a “reasonable expectation of privacy.” Being on 1 million plus acres of land with others on it would still meet that definition in my book.

Hopefully they brought high quality glass. Those low light conditions can make it hard to identify “tine” length ;)

sndmn11

WKR

Can he still whisper your name just loud enough that you think he did but you aren't sure so you hold your breath and hope he does it again so you can see if you heard it right if he avoids the eye contact?

KSP277

WKR
Just walk over and ask they don't mind carrying your spare rifle while they're in the neighborhood

jspradley

WKR
Can he still whisper your name just loud enough that you think he did but you aren't sure so you hold your breath and hope he does it again so you can see if you heard it right if he avoids the eye contact?

Hell no... If I'm there first and you roll up next to me there's gonna be eye contact and lots of screaming (from both parties)

Jqualls

Lil-Rokslider
When rifle hunting the last few years we had a spot we camped at in a little cove just off the road. We set up camp early last season and camped there the weekend before scouting and just enjoying the mountains. The day before season a 5th wheel and a horse trailer with I think 10 horses if I remember right pull in and camp within 30 yards of our site. There was not enough room in the small space so they just backed their trailers over the small saplings in their way. They had 10 horses for I think 4 people and would run their generator all night. We listened to horses and generators all of rifle season. Could not believe it. This was in southwest Colorado with camping areas all over the place.