Colorado Archery 2018

Titan_Bow

WKR
run and buy an Inreach, it will ease her worrying. I have pretty much always hunted solo. My wife worries about me, but I could never imagine her telling me I couldnt go! That being said, the InReach is great because you can text back and forth and know that everything is OK on the homefront, and she can know you are safe. Every message you send her includes a link to your position on a web-based map too. Having the InReach is probably way safer than having a buddy with you (especially if that buddy is not really well versed in wilderness craft).

Last edited:
run and buy an Inreach, it will ease her worrying. I have pretty much always hunted solo. My wife worries about be, but I could never imagine her telling me I couldnt go! That being said, the InReach is great because you can text back and forth and know that everything is OK on the homefront, and she can know you are safe. Every message you send her includes a link to your position on a web-based map too. Having the InReach is probably way safer than having a buddy with you (especially if that buddy is not really well versed in wilderness craft).

Makes sense, great reply.

Additionally, if you’re ready to go this year...take advantage of the opportunity because next year, who knows what might possibly stop you.

OP
K

Ktex88

FNG
run and buy an Inreach, it will ease her worrying. I have pretty much always hunted solo. My wife worries about me, but I could never imagine her telling me I couldnt go! That being said, the InReach is great because you can text back and forth and know that everything is OK on the homefront, and she can know you are safe. Every message you send her includes a link to your position on a web-based map too. Having the InReach is probably way safer than having a buddy with you (especially if that buddy is not really well versed in wilderness craft).

Love it! Fortunately it looks like I may have a new partner but if that doesn't work I think having a link to my exact location would help immensely.

I assure everyone that my marriage is A-OK and I appreciate the input. I've mostly lurked on here the last 2 years and the info has been invaluable. I spend way to much time on this site but its time well spent.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Your in a very tough spot. For me sitting around a camp fire buy myself would suck. I'm like elk, very social.

Who said anything about a camp fire? I haven't had a camp fire in elk camp since 2003. Not enough time for that. Get back to camp, it's late.......time to eat and go to bed.

xziang

WKR
2nd inReach. She can follow you 100% of the way and know your exact location so dont go to any strip clubs. At least if you do turn it off along with iphone incase she uses the find my iphone app. :) Not married but parents think i am stupid going alone but dad follows my location via inReach and how fast i am traveling etc. (I am not in my 20s either hell even 30s lol)

Thomas11

WKR
U can’t ask permission is my experience. If u wanna go u just gotta go. I’m done asking permission in my life. I used to do this and it got me no where except a fight! I’m nice about it, but I tell mine I’m going and it’s not up for debate. She knows I’m going one way or another. We have a much better understanding now that I started using this approach. U can’t baby women they will take advantage of any sign of weakness!

OFFHNTN

WKR
My wife knows that if I don't go hunting life will not be good around the house. :) She has never tried to stop me and is always supportive. She understands it's in my blood, it's who I am, and what I do. Yes, she worries since most of my big trips are solo, but she trusts me. I also have a Garmin inReach.

Last edited:
Are you stuck on Colorado? And what's your experience? I'm free until sept 20th and was planning on doing some solo archery hunts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TravisIN

WKR
I’m gonna be out there solo also. Just tel her we are going together. I’ll vouch for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoChiefs

FNG
I’m going solo this year too. My hunting partner was on the fence all summer and now finally confirmed he’s not goin. I’ve been out the last 4 years for 3rd rifle. Trying my first year of archery, and first time solo hunting. Backpacking in about 4 miles from the road. No InReach... but bada$$ life insurance lol.

Will be in the south central part of the state near Aspen. Send me a PM if you’re going to be anywhere close.

Bob92057

FNG
I hunt solo Elk every year. 1000 miles one way. Bucket list for me. Like said above, I’m not going to be laying in my death bed wishing I had gone when i could. I’m 57, hunt within my limits and love the outdoors. Carry my Inreach, just in case.

Get after it!

topher89

WKR
I will never understand why women think that keeping their husbands away from something they love is supposed to be showing how much love and support they have for their husbands. I also understand your commitment to your wife. But, what she is doing is being totally selfish.
I don't imagine anyone is going to offer an invite. No one wants a guy in camp that has a regime he must follow to make a women 1500 miles away happy, that is already extremely unhappy due to that reality. Pack your bags, set her down and tell her what is on your mind. Then go hunting. Good luck man and God Bless

What happened to you in life that makes all of your posts so miserable?