CO trophy unit 61, big fire there.

johnhenry

Lil-Rokslider
Big fire and climbing up over the top fast. May go down the other side. No rain in that area for a long long time and none in the forecast. Doubt its going to be contained anytime soon.

Yep I also heard 61 is closed. There is no way that fire is out by Sept. 15th without rain. 10 day forecast looks high and dry with low humidity

It's all rumors right now from the same two guys on the same 5 websites. Truth be told, the fire sucks. It's going to get bigger before it gets smaller. It's crazy dry out there right now cattleman are hauling water in.

61 closed? Fake news. Thoughts about tag being turned in? For me, it's crossing my mind as next year would be better in a number of ways if given the chance.

Have they done it before? Yes, floods a few years back in unit 20 tags were able to be turned in and were re-issues the following year. That wasn't the case for Sheep in the same unit. Tags were given back, points re-instated but it was back to the draw.

I don't care either way ive hunted the unit 3 times. The fire will actually make it better if we get a good winter and good moisture next spring that burn will be an elk magnet