Preferred diaphragm elk calls

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing like getting my hunting gear all sorted for the season opener a few weeks away and realizing that I cannot find my elk calls anywhere. I got to order a bunch more before season kicks off. Before I do so, I just wanted to see if you guys had a preference in calls. I have been using bugling bull calls for the most part but always interested in trying something new.

Thanks for the input.

I used Bugling Bull for years, but this year picked up a few Phelps calls and they are now my new favorite. They just fit well for my mouth and it's easy for me to get a good sound every time. The Maverick and the green one are my favorites

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a big fan of the Phelps Amp frame. Fits nicely and sounds great. I found I was blowing out their grey version fairly fast, so I ordered a bunch this year to try.
Maverick
Phelps signature
And the Smith (purple one).
Tried all of these and I’m the most consistent with the Phelps one, it’s my new favorite! Order a bunch up and try em out. Use the code TRO for free shipping. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I used Bugling Bull for years, but this year picked up a few Phelps calls and they are now my new favorite. They just fit well for my mouth and it's easy for me to get a good sound every time. The Maverick and the green one are my favorites

I was on their website earlier today and was thinking of ordering a couple to see if I like them. I wanted to buy the new lightweight tube they have but it wont ship till after the season starts. not going to lie I am still going to order it haha

Jbehredt

WKR
Love the amp white and gray. They accidentally sent me a green instead of a gray in my last order. Was bummed at first but have been playing around with it and it’s quickly growing on me.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
looking at Phelps tubes as well. you guys like them? which one do you suggest or do you guys like a different tube?

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using Wapiti River's black widow. Mouth reeds are getting harder and harder to find without a dome.

I have trouble with the diaphram calls lasting very long. I had put a few in a little bin in the vehicle I took hunting last year and was looking for something the other day and found them but they were all falling apart. Anyone one know of diaphram calls that hold up better than others? Also I bought a really great sounding bull call last year but the sucker is huge! It's not heavy but big and awkward and seems to always be bumping things and making extra noise etc when I move. Wondering if there is something like a telescoping bugle or a small bugle with BIG solid sound out there?

Phelps/Born-N-Raised AMP calls. All the of the BRO calls. I like them all but, the yellow and black is hard to beat. Easiest to blow and great volume with little effort. I had been using the Bugling Bulls and Carlton Calls. In the right mouth they likely sound better due to having a larger range of tones. But, mine sounds just fine and, is easy to blow loud. Much easier to cow call on the AMP series calls too.